Getting in shape while traveling?

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Sep 4, 2015 11:02pm

Hi guys I was just wondering what workouts you guys do to get/stay in shape while on the road? Work has been killer lately and been sending me on a lot of business trips that cut into my gym time. I'll be willing to try anything that is effective.

05 Sep
See my "liked" workouts, all of them are body weight only. Yes, you can break some serious sweat without hitting a gym.
15 Posts
Sep 5, 2015 2:20am
via Android

I travel internationally a lot for work as well. First,  I look only for hotels with nice gyms. They're paying for it right? ! Then get one in a day. .. if I cannot get one in a day (you might have to get up early) then body weight stiff in the room will have to do.  It's never as good as a body buzz first thing in the morning but if you are motivated you can break a sweat in your hotel room before morning shower. I also try to travel a day early and late do I can adjust, day late is to catch up after long nights, catch up on emails and work out.  If you can justify longer trip (even only one day) it really helps.

1 Post
Sep 5, 2015 11:07am

If you have a kindle I highly recommend the book "Hotel Fitness: Workouts for the Road Warrior". I was in almost your exact situation with traveling a while ago and it really helped with me getting at least a decent workout while on the road. It has a lot of cool workout techniques that you can do in your room or hotel gym! Check it out:

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51