Hip Stretches?

1 post | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 5, 2015 1:39am
via Android

Does anyone have any good stretches for hips? My hips have been bothering me and sometimes I will get a sharp pain from my left hip down my leg. Please let me know if anyone else has had problems with their hips and if there are any hip stretches that have worked for you! Thanks in advance! :)

05 Sep
I've had some issues with ciatica in the past. Mostly back stuff but I've done a bunch of stretching that helps. I'd try some back and hamstring stretches along with hip stretches. Butterflies, toe touches, and yoga hip stretches. If you got into a yoga class and told them hips hamstrings are tight I bet they would run you through enough exercises you could do them anytime, at home after that. The fact that it goes down your leg says nerve pinch to me. So be sure to do everything around that area, not just the hip.
05 Sep
Foam rolling will help. Also lacrosse balls, roll your glute out really good with those. Dynamic lunges, rotational squats, dynamic mountain climber. Those moves plus the foam rolling is going to really loosen up the abductors and it bands
05 Sep
Thanks so much guys! I'll definitely be trying all of your suggestions. And yeah, I'm not sure why I have that strange pain, but like you said it could be a pinched nerve, I'm just not sure how to handle it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51