Ab workouts without a lot of crunches?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Sep 25, 2015 10:01pm
via Android

I've figured out crunches don't really agree with my back, so I'm looking for good ab workouts without them? Does anyone know? :)

25 Sep
I tell you ... That's impossible ... Every abs workout contains a sort of crunches workout .... If you feel pain during or after the crunches ... Don't worry .. The pain will disappear after some days ... But if the pain isn't normal .. You should go to a doctor
25 Sep
It's not impossible, lots of people don't like to do crunches. I have lower back problems and I'm already going to a doctor
25 Sep
I'm not talking about post workout soreness
25 Sep
Then ... Don't do the crunches of every workout you do ... That's the best solution .... It's difficult to find workouts for Abs without crunches
25 Sep
Wait ... You can do "2 Minutes "full / elbow" Plank Challenge" it doesn't contain crunches
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 25, 2015 11:23pm
via Android
26 Sep
Thank you :)
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Sep 26, 2015 12:35am
via Android

Try Rock Hard Abs, Multi-Plank Challenge and All-Out Abs, they don't have too many crunches. There's many more but I have too many liked workouts - and no option to organise them so far...

But to be honest: if you have problems with your lower back during crunches sounds like your lower back may be too weak. Have you tried strengthening exercises like bridges, supermans, Y-T-As, deadlifts?

Oh and what helped me great with back pain was RELAX YOUR BACK! * Spinal Flex Zone * ☆HS

26 Sep
Oh and you should have a look into the "Abs Foundation" programs - most of those workouts were real plank monsters if I remember right
26 Sep
One last suggestion: "Standing Ab Abuse"
26 Sep
Thanks for the suggestions :) I'm doing a 30 day thing of bridges right now, let's see if it helps
26 Sep
Also try the stretching at least every second day, it's really great!
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Sep 26, 2015 9:33am
via Android

Abds Workout You can replace some the 3 sets of crunches with some mountain climbers or some burpees and you will rock!

26 Sep
Sadly, v ups are also not great for your back :(
26 Sep
Replace V-Ups too
26 Sep
The truth is that i don't like some workout too cause my back hurts a bit but...A workout mat is the best idea to counter this problem.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51