Boxing workout

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 28, 2015 8:38pm
via Android

I've always wanted to get into boxing but with my work schedule, I could never find anyone who could be flexible with my schedule (which is about 7am to 8pm every day). I know there are some boxing workouts on here but I'm not sure which workout would be most accurate to what I would be doing if I had a boxing trainer. Any tips?

28 Nov
Not sure. But I can tell you that there is no substitute for a sparring partner
28 Nov
I don't doubt it but I'd need to learn the basics before I'd try to find a sparring partner. Thank you for the advice
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 30, 2015 1:04am
via Android

In my boxing lessons, especially in the early days, the most time was spent on conditioning. Tons of jump rope, and just standing in a boxing stance and hopping up and down, hopping forward a couple inches then back, hopping back then forward, we worked jabs and one-two punches into this and these are simple punches but still you prob need a trainer but you can certainly get started just on the physical conditioning aspect by doing jumprope and stance work. Here's the workout I made for skimble. After the first eight rounds of basic conditioning work, we would do sparring & shadow boxing & other training... You could do all this with just the leg work and get a real good start on conditioning.

I did this everyday, and found I really needed a warmup & stretching because my calves were getting destroyed.

Boxing Class First 8 Rounds

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Nov 30, 2015 1:39am
via iOS
30 Nov
Some options for shadow-boxing including kickboxing

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51