Push up Problem - Advice needed

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 28, 2016 8:04am
via Android

So i am using this app for more than two month now but i still cant do normal push ups . As there is a huge amount of workouts i was wondering if there are some that help me especially on my way to do push ups?

28 Jan
Try knee pushups till you can build some more tricep strength. And also start weight training
28 Jan
Ok, thanks for the advise
29 Jan
You also need to strengthen your core. Abs oblique. And triceps.. all thoses muscles are involved in push ups. Good training :-)
29 Jan
Thanks Wing :-)
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Jan 28, 2016 9:42am
via Android
28 Jan
Thank you that sounds good
28 Jan
You're welcome :)
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 28, 2016 6:45pm
via Android

I tried it today ans i am sure if i do it several times i can start with real push ups.

28 Jan
Glad to hear that! DJ is great with his created wo's. Follow him and look through his list. Many have helped me and are still helping me.
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 30, 2016 4:59am
via Android

I'm working on pushups as well. Weightlifting has really helped. I started doing negative pushups as well as knee pushups and combined it has increased my strength. Google negative pushups if you get a chance.
I also am doing the 50 Push-Up Challenge. I think I did ~15 real pushups today.

Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 1, 2016 12:19am
via iOS
Try planks and yoga!  The movements in yoga have dramatically increased my ability to do push-ups.  2 years ago I could do one half assed push up, now I can do 10 easy!  Good luck!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51