Push Ups

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 19, 2016 8:07pm
via Android

Is it really hard for first timers to do push ups? I recently tried doing push ups but my wrists hurt so I couldn't continue.

I don't know if it's normal since my weight is very heavy or I'm just doing it wrongly. Any advice please? Thanks!!

Oh yeah... I'm just new here. Any motivational or inspirational words are a great help and greatly appreciated.

20 Feb
Pushups are hard indeed! Clasp your hands and make circular motions to loosen them up first. Start practicing on a wall or on your knees first with wide and close grip variations to build strength first
22 Feb
Thank you for the tips.. will try it and update you of the progress. :)
23 Feb
Loosening up my wrist really did help!! Can do push ups without hurting my wrists... but I still cant go all the way down. I feel like i wouldnt be able to go back up. Hahahah
25 Feb
Unless you puke, faint or die keep on going. Julian Michaels say that on the biggest loser that motivates me to workout
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 20, 2016 12:28am
via Android

Hi...Try doing some easy pushups first. Cross your legs and do push ups from the waist. Do not lower your whole body. Hope this helps.

22 Feb
Thanks for the tip!!! :) are there any other exercises that could remove my fats from the shoulder faater?
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 22, 2016 7:57pm
via Android

Hi...just browse through the many workouts and choose one that zones in on your target areas. Shoulder fat? I'm not an expert, but once you get into a workout/exercise routine, your whole body will gradually loose fat in all areas. Try not to be over-anoxious for this to happen. The hard part was beginning and you've overcome that....Keep going

22 Feb
Thanks for the encouragement!! :)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 22, 2016 11:01pm
via Android

Push ups are a lot easier on my wrists when I use my dumbells instead of the hard floor. Space them apart about shoulder width and try doing them from your knees rather than from plank position. Keeping your hips tucked in tight is good for your core as well.

As for shoulder fat, I agree with Kimberly. Do cardio and burn more calories than you eat.

Keep it up, Skimble helps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51