Weight training workouts based on reps vs timer

3 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Feb 26, 2016 4:37pm
via Android

I have trouble finding weight training workouts for the gym. Even when they say weighted, a lot of the time the exercises use body weight.

Ideally I would like to find a program that covers different body parts on different days..
Back + Bis,
Chest + Tris, etc

I also don't like how all the exercises are timed, I want to do sets and record my progress.

Because of this in constantly pausing the workout and doing my own thing.

Are there any workout programs you guys recommend, do any routines use reps with this app vs a timer?

26 Feb
I don't know any, but I understand because I feel the timer encourages bad form and imbalances as sine body parts don't get the reps others do. I will put that on my to do list of workouts to create.
01 Mar
i use the timed workous here as warm-ups and stretches pre- or post my weight lifting, yoga for when I overdo lifting or pinch my sciatic nerve, etc. this place has helped as I ususally skip stretching and warming up and pull a muscle.
54 Posts
Mar 1, 2016 1:54pm
via Android

sometimes if I want myweight lifting to count on my workout stats, I play a workout on mute while I lift, ususally "the 200 squat challenge"

950 Posts
Mar 1, 2016 3:44pm
via Android

I make my own, based on routines I found on aworkoutroutine.com.

You're pro plus, to me making my own skimble workout is part of the fun.

Foundational Muscle Building A
Foundational Muscle Building B

Muscle Builder (upper A)
Muscle Builder (lower A)
Muscle Builder (upper B)
Muscle Builder (lower B)

01 Mar
I made one of my own, but I didnt like having to run over and click when I had done each set.
01 Mar
I used to have my gym workout time based, before they enabled reps. It took a few times of doing it and editing but it was fairly easy to pick a time that was really close to when I would usually be finished. I always pull out my phone and use a logging app to log each set anyway though, so it's not a big deal to press the set finish button, but you could probably just use time based sets and be fine.
01 Mar
good IDea. I will see if Ican make it timed based, I can figue out approx how long it takes me to do the lifts. thatd be easier. thanks. Can I delete a workout? I tried but didnt see how. probably just missed it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51