Good fat burning workouts to replace gym?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 4, 2019 2:16pm
via iOS
Hello people!

Currently I am working full time and going to college about 4 to 6 hours everyday so because of my messy sleep schedule it was hard for me to continue to go to the gym.

I wanted to ask all of you what full body workouts helped you to burn fat (with a good diet, of course) that seemed to replace going to the gym for a while?

Thank you!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 4, 2019 2:48pm
via Android

Hello Irina
How are you doing today?

What is your current exercise routine?
Have you ever considered high or low intensity workouts?

04 Apr
Hi Christopher! Yes, I have considered them but never tried (unfortunately) and at the moment I had a break from exercise and I just try to walk more and take the stairs at work (12 floors) everyday just so I can be moving at least a little. Now I want to find some workouts and make myself a plan since I am currently started eating healthy again and not getting takeout anymore.😊
04 Apr
hello walking and taking the stairs can provide some amazing benefits! if you're looking for a time efficient total body workout. may I suggest jumping rope jumping jacks mountain climbers burpees and planks. I can create some workouts for you if you like? or I have some 7 to 10 minute Tabata workouts in my collection you're more than welcome to check them out!
16 Apr
Thank you so much Christopher! I'll check your workouts and find some that I can do before going to college! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 5, 2019 2:21am
via iOS
Nice to know
Image_thumb
62 Posts
Apr 5, 2019 3:14am
via Android

Hi! So I asked about a healthy diet right? Well an amazing one is the keto diet which will also make u lose some weight just because it's so healthy. My whole family does it and it helps with health problems ect.I really hoped this helped and if u have any questions just shoot me a message.

16 Apr
Thank you so much Britt!! ❤️
16 Apr
No probs
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Apr 5, 2019 6:48am
via Android

Hi Irina,

Working out does help to a certain degree. However if one starts viewing exercise as "fat burning" they might find themselves in trouble.

They might push really hard trying to lose weight, do more and more extreme workouts when their body is not ready for it, and so on. And this can lead to injuries.

The first thing is to try to get a handle on your nutrition (like you said yourself already anyway).

Then your workouts will be there to become healthier. Become stronger. Have better cardiovascular health, and so on. That way you will approach workouts in a way that will help you improve your health, rather than potentially cause injury.

As to what you can do at home, bodyweight exercises are very helpful – Christopher made some really nice suggestions already.

I just wanted to address the fact that a workout doesn't necessarily equal fat loss. Take the example of certain lifters who think they should eat everything under the sun to build muscle. They also workout a lot. They do build muscle but also accumulate a lot of fat.

16 Apr
Thank you Elisabetta! 😊

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,330 topics, 38,262 posts

Motivation & Support

8,523 topics, 41,538 posts

App Updates

42 topics, 104 posts

Ask the Pros