Get stronger, not skinnier?

4 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 6:01pm
via iOS
I'm a teenage girl, and at 5'6 and 115 lbs, I don't need to lose any weight. I do want to start working out and becoming stronger, with my full body. Do you have any workout recommendations?
4 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 1:24am
via iOS
45 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 4:06am
via Android

Because you're just now starting to exercise, you should do 3 to 4 full-body workouts every week. Try to get in 20 minutes of cardio 5 to 6 days a week as well. I would recommend that your full-body workouts last about 1 hour and revolve mostly around pullups and pushups. Nutrition is also important. Because your goal is gaining strength and not losing weight, all you really need to worry about for now is adequate protein intake. Try to consume about 1 gram of protein per every pound you weigh each day. If you have any other questions, then ask away.

1 Post
Feb 18, 2013 6:45am
via iOS
Hi..I'm 5'4 and I weigh 96 lbs..I'm also teenage..I've heard that muscle weighs more than friends are about 120 and I think it's cause they are strong..any tips or workouts that you think are good for me to build more Muscle in my arms and core.?
18 Feb
Pullups are good exercises for just about every muscle group in the upper body. They can be particularly good for the core as well if you point your feet out while performing them. However, most people, in my experience, are not able to do even one. Try starting out with pushups if you find that you are unable to do pullups; they workout many of the same muscles. If you're not sure where you can perform pullups, look up on YouTube "100 Places to Do Pullups."

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51