How do I get more flexible?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 10:36pm
via Android

I want to be able to do the splits and leg stretches. What exercises can help me do this?

27 Mar
Try some pike stretches and go further each time and hold for longer.. Keep doing splits hold them longer and try too put your hands up for as long as possible!
27 Mar
Do exercises causing to stretch to your legs, while keeping your legs straight. But, not strictly needs some bending also. Dancing is a big help.
Image_thumb
221 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 10:42pm
via Android

Yoga!

Image_thumb
98 Posts
Mar 26, 2013 10:43pm
via iOS
Bend & stretch
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 27, 2013 5:29am
via iOS
Try to doing the splits and see how far u go every day and see how long u can hold:)
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 1:44am
via iOS
I would suggest doing some splits everyday, and once you get comfortable at say 15secs each side, go up to 30secs each side. This way you are pushing yourself to do better without injuring yourself. 

Also, I would consider yoga, and stretching literally every day, this way you are nice and limber. Just remember never to push yourself too far when working on flexibility. You can push yourself a little so you improve, but too much can pull a muscle. You know your limits better then anyone, so use your own instincts.
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 3:16am
via Android

Yoga or barre...

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 1:48am
via Android

Definitely yoga and stretching.  Also, try just bending over or reaching up a little every day. Or, try bending in the way you want to be more flexible (but don't hurt yourself!).

21 Apr
Also, try slightly hyperextending yourself when stretching.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51