Question about mobility and stability training

6 posts | Original | Recent
1017 Posts
Apr 23, 2013 9:49pm
via Android

As some might have noticed i am and always have been focused on strenght training. This has made me alot stronger and grow me some muscle in all the time training.

Since some time i am getting involved in martial arts training. Alot of fun and alot of pain as a beginner. But i have noticed some fields in which i have to improve ALOT and this are my mobility and stability. I know that a part of the mobility is that i carry more muscle than needed. And that stability also will come in time. But still...

I am now looking arround to find good routines to increase these 2 points. I am sure there are ppl on this app who have worked the same parts and can guide me in the right direction!

Greetings and thanks in advance.

23 Apr
Maybe try some boxercise! Lol i dunno for sure just a guess. i liked them.
23 Apr
And id say anything with cardio should help also :-) good luck.
23 Apr
And perhaps u could give me some advice. I want to be a bit bigger and stronger than i am know. Im 5'7"1/2. And about 124lbs. I dont have access to a gym or weights. Any workouts u can suggest?
23 Apr
I think you can bryan. I am checking arround and all help and info that brings me into the best direction is great
23 Apr
To andrea. I dont think just cardio will help. Im looking more into routines that will help me become quick and lighter on my feet. And at the other side a better balance and strong base while standing. Oh and for help, open a topic!
112 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 1:29am
via Android

How about parkour? I'm not practicing parkour or expert, just know that it helps a lot with balance and mobility. Just a suggestion..

35 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 1:58am
via Android

I have a advice to you if you are able to get p90x 2 the first month of it has to do with stability and mobility. I did it and it really changed my body I was completely impress with the results it gives. I know for a fact it'll do the same for you. Well hope this helps. Oh yea and also I have a kenpo workout that I created. Try it out its pretty good and really fun! :)

1017 Posts
Apr 24, 2013 6:12pm
via Android

I'v set up a training for tomorrow

Trying to focus on my core strenght and stability overal and doing some footwork drills. Hoping to improve my hips and lightnes on the feet.

After a full body warmup i will start with stability.

Overhead squats with deep hold
Lunges with medicine ball throw and catch.
Warrior lunges with dumbels
Medicine ball push ups

The reason i do mobility second is cuz i think its more realictic to train mobility while being fatigued some.

Quick jumps over low obstackles
Quick patern footwork
Sprint to 4 sides. Head keeps facing the wall.

To top the training of i will do some extra core work

Wil probaply be

Hanging legg raises and some
Plan variations

I'll see how it goes for the first training with this focus. Add ons are always apreciated!

1017 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 11:43am
via Android

Did the training. Really noticed i was using my core and stability awareness alot more. Since i wasnt focussing on strenght or conditioning i do kinda feel like the training wasnt hard enough. Left the gym with still some energy left.

Will make it some harder for next time

25 Apr
Yeah. Never really did those so oh squats. So still workig on technique. Im training this with a mate and we are sure to push eachother hehe
17 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 5:52pm
via Android

What's your username for kik mine is Kindleyaz

25 Apr
I dont use kik

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51