Running tips and advice

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 11:47pm
via iOS
Hi, im new to running but thought would give it a try as feel like something different, im not looking to run like marathons jus for general fitness and to tone my legs and bum. but wanted to know if there any tips or advice people can give so i achieve my best. Thankyou
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 12:05am
via Android

Hello, I'm new as well to this app. I used to exercise, but then stopped because of some issues and gained about 10lbs, so I just started exercising again. Anyways,  before I gained the weight back I would run/walk an hour which may equal 3miles or so maybe that can help because my legs were getting hardee.

Image_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 12:56am
via Android

I ran and walked 1 mile and slowly added more miles.  Then at the end of every mile I ran,  I would power walk for 15 to 30 seconds.  During this power walk,  I would take a sip of water.   Breathing timing is important as well...  While running,  I breath in for 3 to 4 steps,  then breath out for 3 to 4 steps.  Once you get your rhythm going,  it will get easier.  Include some weight training,  mainly squats,  lunges,  etc.  This will build endurance also.  I can now run up to 13.5 miles at one time under 2 hours   Hope this helps and good luck!

12 Jun
Oh ok thankyou thats really helped:) yea i did run the other day and didnt manage to run for long! Bt like you said i will just have to work my up
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 1:05am
via Android

Thank you, yes that helps because I'm having a hard time loosing the weight again. It sucks, but ill get there. Is there anything for energy?

Image_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 1:13am
via Android

About 15 minutes before your run,  eat a banana for energy.  Also,  you can buy packets of hammer gel or Gu gel packs.  These packs are good for longer runs - something that is longer than 60 minutes of running.   Today,  I purchased Mio Fit and added to my water for my run today.  It wasn't bad.  They also have Mio Energy,  but I didn't buy that. 

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 1:33am
via iOS
Shan, what level are you at?  Can you run a mile?  How far?  Etc.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 2:19am
via Android

I didn't know a banana would help. Your tips are greatly appreciated.

Image_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 3:07am
via Android

You're welcome

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51