Working out during fasting month

3 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:09pm
via Android

This is my question: the fasting month is coming in July and in Malaysia we are fasting for approximately 12hours (4am to 7pm) for 30 days straight. I usually work out in the mornings so am worried that by the afternoon I would be feeling faint as I don't like eating at 4am ( I usually just drink milk tea). I was wondering when I should work out cus working out after eating at 7pm makes me want to barf. Thanks

05 Jun
I don't think you should work out personally, other than maybe a walk or bike ride. You don't want to burn a bunch of cals on an empty stomach and I know what you mean about working out after eating, maybe you could eat something small at 7, workout and then eat a larger meal? If not I would just keep the cal burn low as not to drain your body... Someone else here may have more insight or info that can help... Best if luck
05 Jun
Thanks for ur input...
12 Jun
Personally I would avoid cardio an HIIT altogether. Maybe do light body weight exercises just to keep in the groove. Ab exercises burn very little calories while giving good results. :-)
1 Post
Jun 5, 2013 2:42pm

I would keep your workouts to a minimum during Ramadhan. Sometimes a walk after breaking the fast is nice, but I would say conserve your energy.  Especially since you can not drink water during the fasting time, I would skip the workouts.

4 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 5:01pm

I think a minimal workout is advisible during fasting. Walk for half an hour a day, may be this could burn some calories. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51