Tight muscles

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Aug 2, 2013 10:09am
via Android

Every time l go for a run even when l stretch my ankle and lower calf, feel really tight restricting my movement and preventing me from reaching my fill potential... Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem????? Thanks

02 Aug
That's not enough info to go on... Have you ever had problems with your ankle and calf before? Is it both or just one? Have you had any injuries to that area including strains, sprains and tears? Do you get shin splints? Do you run regularly or have you just started running? Without more info all I could suggest doing is rubbing deep heat or something similar into the area and warming the area with skipping or hopping movements
02 Aug
l tore my left ankle 5 years ago, however it is tight in both not just left. l never had shin splints or injuries with my calf muscles however the same problems used to occur when l played soccer at a younger age. l have been working out for 4 1/2 months now
Icon_missing_thumb
28 Posts
Aug 3, 2013 5:29am
via Android

I have the same problem!  When you run your hand over your calf do you feel any knots?  I dont have a solution. It just started this week when I started jogging.

03 Aug
Yes that's is the same with me
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 3, 2013 1:04pm
via Android

Keep running and keep stretching. Make sure that you aren't adding to many miles to early.
I used to have the same issue when I started running and almost quit.

Everyone has a different stretching routine that works for them. I like to wake up and stretch in the morning and then do my runs in the afternoon. I also stretch any muscles that are really tight in the shower when I am cooling down.
Here is the stretching routine I use
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/126.shtml

I

04 Aug
Thank you for your advice l will definetly stick with it and try some new routines to see if that makes a difference
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 3, 2013 1:05pm
via Android

Also I almost forgot, you can buy some roller sucks at any sports store to help roll out knots. Those help loosen your muscles also.

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 3, 2013 1:06pm
via Android

Corrrction: Roller sticks

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51