Push ups

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 2:43pm
via Android

Unable to do push ups..and arm strength is much needed me being a dancer ..what to do now ?

15 Sep
Start with light weight dumbles
15 Sep
Do them on ur knees
15 Sep
I have the same problem. I can almost do a full push-up now. I've worked up to this point by doing half push-ups on my knees, wall push-up, the bodyweight flex program on this app, planks, and light dumbbell exercises 8 lb dumbbells. Its taken me 3 weeks to get to this point, so don't get discouraged. :)
21 Sep
Hi......
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 15, 2013 2:48pm
via Android

It would really help if you start by training weight (light weights) to build your upper body strength and then move on to push-ups.

15 Sep
Makes sense
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 5:03pm
via Android

Body weight exercises are the best. If you can't control your own body weight than weights will only inhibit your full potential. There are tutorials online that will show you how to scale your push ups. Every without can be scaled with allows the person to gradually work on form. Search "crossfit scaled or modified push ups".

good luck!

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 11:58am

Hi,

Youy must try out the other strengthing exercises like Bird Dog,Hip Bridge etc. With Bird Dog you can improve the hands, feet and muscles coordination and with hip bridge helps in stimulating muscles which results in a good posture.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 1:14pm
via Android

Planks!!! All kinds of planks with help strengthen your core and arms, making it easier to do pushupsIt took me a long time to build up the strength, and I can still only do 5 solid in a row, but you need to have patience and put in the work!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 4:13pm
via Android

Along with making your arm strong by working on it, you need to have proper diet that gives you strength and protein but not fat. And yeah you can try half push-ups first for a few weeks and then eventually turning half push-ups to full push-ups. Do as much count you can do at the starting. But remember you have to increase the count eventually, as your body will accept changes and grow more strong only if you push the limits everyday. Also you can try elbow plank as it gives strength. I hope this will help. Good luck.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 6:22pm
via Android

Give ur num

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51