Foot pain while running

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 3:07am
via iOS
Today when I was going on my run I did my five minute warmup walk then within two minutes of running my foot started feeling sore like it was cramping up to the point where I didn't feel like it was safe to finish my run. Any experience with this and advice or ideas of why this happened?
Image_thumb
132 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 3:12am
via Android

What kind of shoes did you have on?

17 Sep
My normal running/workout shoes. They're nothing special, just non slip shoes with like a running shoe shape if that makes sense I had them for a job and don't have money to buy a new pair. But I've never had this problem before.
17 Sep
I don't know what it is but I had the same problem when I was in Army. I had all kinds of running shoes. I think I'm flat footed though
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 3:56am
via iOS
I had the same problem..they are two main causes in fact,first is the shoes..it is always good to choose flexible one but with enough material to absorb shock..second is the way u run..u must care,about ur back posture,ur arms balancing the movement,and finally ur foot..if u need more info about postures when running just google it
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 3:59am
via Android

Ive had that problem before sometimes you can pull the muscles along your foot its not a serious issue just let it rest a day or so

003_thumb
27 Posts
Sep 17, 2013 8:27am
via iOS
It could be one of two problems, either plantar fasciitis or a strain in your bottom ligament. Either way rest up from the running for a few days. I tore my plantar and was out if action for 16 weeks and now I wear orthotics. You usually get heel pain with plantar fasciitis though. See how you go after a few days rest if it doesn't help, then get some advice from a doc. You can also strap your foot with strapping tape, but it is hard to explain. Good luck.
17 Sep
18 Sep
Thank you!!!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 18, 2013 7:21am
via Android

That was sooo long ago but they issued me some new balances and I've had reeboks classics and nikes.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51