Working out again after car accident!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 12:43pm
via Android

Early September I was involved in a car accident that deemed my car written off. Ironically the accident was my fault due to leaving gym 5minutes before hand after a superset heavy leg workout. My legs went into muscle fatigue(something that I had NEVER experienced before as a driver of a vehicle). It was a scary experience and I was lucky to come out other side. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced muscle fatigue to the extreme I did and how have you coped with it emotionally/mentally?? I struggle now to do supersets on legs if I am driving!! would love to hear from fellow skimblers on anything they have to say.

07 Nov
I think you learned a giant lesson, don't overdue it. Lots of times it's hard to tell because blood is pumping and it feels good. Rest. Even for 10 seconds to tune into your body. Glad you are ok and back on track. Do you meditate at all?
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 3:56pm

Hey Kumari, I haven't done much driving after any type of leg exercises, but I can understand how it is possible. I'm just glad your OK and it wasn't more serious.

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

Hi! Thank you for your advice, I do yoga once a week. I find it hard though as sitting still is a very difficult task for me,lol.

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Nov 7, 2013 9:44pm
via Android

Thank you!! Yes I learnt a very expensive lesson,a mistake I won't repeat again!!

07 Nov
Sometimes it pays to shower after yr workout at the gym, this way if yr body is fatigued you will have some time to recouperate while showering

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51