4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 10:48am
via Android

My question is:

Should you work out with sore muscles?

Is there any reason not to?

Is it better to wait until the soreness has passed?

Thanks!

19 Dec
20 Dec
Well in this case you should get some rest to prevent injuries listen to your body. Remember rest is a part of fitness
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 12:47pm
via Android

No u shouldnt workout with muscle soreness or technical term for it DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness...recovery time is jus as important as th workout itself if not more not letting ur body rest can lead to overtraining and injury its a common question which really is complicated if u want to knw wats and ifs and why's..workout what group of muscles is not sore...to give ur body th rest it needs..using body splits enables u to workout specific parts of ur body more often while allowing it to receive adequate rest

19 Dec
Thanks! I usually do abs every other day but sometimes they're still sore. Should I rest more in that case?
19 Dec
Hannah is right. If a previous day of workout make you muscle sore you risk to hurt yourself. The rest is important to let yours muscles rebuild.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 3:46pm
via Android

There is nothing wrong with doing ab workouts if there sore, its common especially if your transforming your abdominals to a 6 or 8 pack. Now if it was your legs and you can barely walk then I would say yeah sometimes a good 3 days to a week off recovery helps. But, its your abs, I would say your doing great no pain, no gain!

19 Dec
Thanks for the comment, but who am I supposed to believe here? Contradictory opinions are of no help to me lol
19 Dec
Abs r muscles to...they just take more work to show off...research it....get on line and look it up ...go vist a gym and ask for a certified personal trainer make sure they r truly certified! And ask ...thn come to ur own conclusion...thts wat I do opinions r opinions..good medical science is fact till proven otherwise...what I mean by tht is we r always learning new stuff...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 19, 2013 6:34pm
via Android

General rule for myself: if muscle fatigue and soreness from a previous workout is noticably affecting my performance in a current workout, or even day to day routine, its a good idea to give it a rest. If its a little tender, just dont focus heavily on that muscle. If you have prolonged soreness in any muscle, it might be a good idea to take it easy as well, and above all, listen to your body!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51