Working out with an injury

2 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Jan 15, 2014 2:44am
via Android

Help...Broke a rib ice skating with my kids. Old injury redone... trying to both lose weight and get back into solid lean shape before my 10th wedding anniversary cruise in 86 days. I don't believe in crash diets and as a nurse I am well aware of the recommended healing times for this injury. Any suggestions?

15 Jan
Use ur wisdom... b careful ...maybe walking want aggrivate it as much? I dnt knw...good luck! Get better soon!
13 Mar
Ok I know this doesnt relate to the topic but ur shirt in your profile picture is amazing :)
139 Posts
Jan 15, 2014 5:31pm
via Android

Broken ribs suck.  It is difficult to deal with because it is hard to stabilize, due to the fact that it needs to move as you breath.  As far as workouts good I would suggest minimal cardio that does not cause you to breath heavy(bike or walking vs running).  I also don't think any rotation exercises would be good.  I'd stick to single body, straight plane exercises.  You can try a ace wrap around the ribs or kinesiotape(as it will provide support but also allow for more movement compared to athletic tape.)  Good luck and congratulations on coming up on 10 years.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51