Shin Splints!!!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 7:20pm
via Android

I have TERRIBLE shin splints but need CARDIO! In my workout routine for cardio I'll do twenty minutes of cycling, thirty five minutes of the elliptical machine?, and the most time I can do on the treadmill or running period is ten minutes. I have the stamina, I don't feel like I'm about to die but my shin splints make me feel terrible. They hurt after my workout, even when I'm sleeping. Do anyone have other cardio ideas I can do that'll be beneficial like running? I've been to my trainer and iced them (they would go away for like one day and come back worse). I've got them tapped and I even bought new shoes...they still hurt...smh

12 Feb
hmmm do u know how to jump rope? you'll feel it more in the back of your legs then in the front or u can do moutain climbers
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 4:53am
via Android

How are your shoes? New, old. Are they the correct type of shoe for your arc. There are some special shoe stores that film your feet as you run to see how you're running then find shoes that are better for you to run in. My new shoes helped me out tremendously. And I stopped getting shin splints.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 16, 2014 4:40am
via iOS
Make sure your stretching your calf with a bent knee as well as a straight knee. Tight calves can cause shin splints. Foam rolling helps a lot. Kt tape works pretty well too. You can find videos online on how to apply it. Ice cup your shins for 10 minutes helps. And lastly rub your shins out. Take a little lotion and massage out any bumps you feel in them. Hopefully some of this helps.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 16, 2014 4:55am
via Android

I have chronic shin splints so I know how you feelI bought compression sleeves that I found at a running store and they helped so muchFor cardio, I use a stairclimber.  Personally i get a better workout on a stairclimber than a bike or elliptical.  I would assume a rowing machine would also be a good choice for cardioPretty much anything that is low impactIf you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51