Recovery?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 1:40am
via Android

i fractured the groth plates in my wrist and its tender, but i shoot archery, shotguns, rifles, you name it. But after a month of recorey, i lost a lot of mussel, and now its harder to shoot shotgun or drawl back my bow. Dose anyone know and good recovery workouts for arms? i cant do pushups. There hard on my wrist.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 2:04am
via iOS
Try some resistance bands till you get completely healed
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 12:49pm
via Android

Ok. Ill try to get some. How would i use them?

25 Jun
Many different ways if you buy them new should come with a paper on different ways or google would be easiest way to find some hard to explain on here with text pics and videos is easier you tube be good place to look to
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 1:18pm
via Android

Thank you.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 3:50pm
via Android

Zoe,
It's a little unconventional but it worked for me years ago in the military after breaking my wrist and a couple fingers. Try exercising with a hand strengthener, there relatively cheap to buy, $15-20. Use one that allows you to work the individual fingers. Rock climbers use them to help strengthen their grip. Second, try wearing some wrist weights (lightweight) for short periods of time at home. The added weight along with normal activites will help strengthen your arm muscles and train your brain to get use to holding that added weight again. I definitely recommend speaking with a physician but if that's not an option try one or both activities.  Big thing to remember, don't overdo it, recovery is a process, and listen to your body. If it's telling you to stop, listen! Anyway, good luck in your recovery. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51