Weak Ankle after injury

3 posts | Original | Recent
51 Posts
Nov 29, 2014 8:54am
via Android

Hi guys,
I sprained my ankle in the beginning of September playing football(soccer) and there is no pain anynore but it doesnt feel the same as it was before like when I run it feels weak and there is still a bit of swelling. Any ideas what 2 do?

821 Posts
Nov 29, 2014 8:21pm
via Android

I broke both my ankles in april. It took awhile for me to build strength again. Swimming with flippers on will be the best way to build strength again. You may look funny but it will help you a lot. In the mornings when you wake up right the abcs with your foot in  the air that'll stretch it out. But it takes time you'll be back to normal soon since you just sprained it.

25 Posts
Nov 29, 2014 8:51pm
via Android

I sprained my ankle end of September. I did a lot of sessions at the osteopathic doctor and it really help to regain mobility even though I'm still not 100%. When it comes to running i got some gel soles to put in my running shoes to help absorb the shocks which works wonder. Otherwise i did a lot of exercises to strengthen it.  Like stand on one foot and get on the tip of your toes, repeat it as much as you can and do it on both side. Also with a step or a big book, do the same exercice leaving your heel out of the step/book and don't only get on your toes tip but also go lower than top of the step/book with your heel. I don't know you understandable my description is, i hope it's clear! What's important is to do these simple exercises every day and very importantly do rounds on both leg.  When you'll feel that your injured ankle managed to do these as easily as your strong ankle it will mean that you will have rebuilt your muscles! At least it worked for me :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51