Tailbone injury

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 10:35am

Woke up with a horrible pain in my tailbone. A friend of mine who does bodyfitness said that I probably hurt a tendon or ligament and caused an inflammation. Sounds plausible since i attempted the crow pose yesterday which I haven't done in a long time.

What can I do to ease the pain apart from resting? Should I use painkiller gel or pills? Cool it or heat it? I can't even sit at the moment and walking is really painful.

22 Apr
I'm literally about to start crying from the pain. :(
22 Apr
Lay and rest muscle relaxers and probably prednisone from a Dr -- heat and cold packs
22 Apr
At beginning, cool pack. Then heat after day or so to tide you over until you can see doctor. I stood in hot shower, and used aspercreme. But the strain I had wasn't as bad as yours sounds.
22 Apr
I hurt my tailbone many years ago & I was told to take advil. There was nothing they could do. It hurt for several months.
22 Apr
I'm sorry Anna. Just hope it's nothing serious, but you better should go to a hospital and check it,
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 11:12am
via Android

Not to frighten you or anything but if it hurts that badly you might consider getting anXray to make sure there is not a stress fracture.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 2:38pm
via Android

I cracked my tailbone years ago. I went to ER and was given pain killers, but they only numb the pain for a little while. You need to rest, alternate heat and ice. Ice helps with swelling and heat eases pain. Some very light stretch workouts will help. I also recently had herniated some discs, pinches my sciatic nerve and found out I have scoliosis and my therapist said that when you injure a part of your boddy, the muscles around it swell to try to protect it and to compensate for the work that the injured part isn't doing. He said the best way to help is some exercise that will strengthen the muscles around it. Especially a back injury, you want to strengthen your core muscles. Don't try to take on too much though. That will ultimately make it worse. I'd really go to a chiropractor or physical therapist to get their professional opinion.

Image_thumb
342 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 4:44pm
via Android

Anna I would go get it checked and make sure it is your tailbone! If so rest is all you can do until it heals, like any other injury so you don't make it worse! Good Luck!

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Apr 22, 2015 5:57pm
via Android

Oh noo :( Anna, anna, anna . I really would see a physiotherapist as soon as possible.  How about acupuncture? Better than painkillers. Are you sure it's the tailbone?
You have been working so hard and I feel horrible about this. Praying for your recovery.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 4:41am
via Android

Thanks for your replies!

I'm gonna rest a couple of days and see what happens. If it doesn't get better I'll go see a doctor. I've got some strong anti-inflammatory painkillers at home and it feels like they're helping. I'll keep you posted!

23 Apr
Sending you good thoughts. Hoping you're feeling better.
24 Apr
Thank you Sharon, I am!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 9:41am
via Android

Update: felt no pain whatsoever yesterday. It might just have been that I slept in a weird position or something that induced the pain.

Since I accidentally hit the back of my head yesterday I'm continuing with the painkillers for a couple of days. Nothing to worry about, just my normal clumsiness.

24 Apr
If you're wondering: I did "the professional laughter" where you throw your head back and laugh in an urbane manner. I just forgot there was a wall behind me. OUCH.
24 Apr
Well I'm doing a professional lol, with a big smile. Glad you're feeling better.
24 Apr
:D It wasn't the first time either.
25 Apr
Lol.. but I'm glad you feel better. Little slaps on the head are good for blood circulation sometimes;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51