Back problems

2 posts | Original | Recent
382 Posts
May 4, 2015 5:43am
via Android

DON'T WORRY, it's not me being injured again, lol.

My fiance has the most horrible posture, like a sack of potatoes. He's unable to keep his shoulders back and back straight while leaning forward. He says he can't breathe if he tries to stay straight. This worries me of course, since I don't want to do anything that will cause him to get injured. We did stifflegged deadlifts yesterday and he said he felt it only in his lower back and calves, not the back of his legs. The same goes for rear lateral raises, tricep kickbacks, more or less anything where you lean forward. He starts shrugging his shoulders and arching his upper back.

What should I do? What exercises should we do to strengthen his lower back, which I think is the root of the problem. Or might it be his pecs are too tight? He has a very physical job so he's got a strong upper body, but his lower back is weak.

04 May
Try a dead lift with dumbbells as he is hanging from an edge that how I got rid of my father's back problems
04 May
Maybe he has to strengthen his core first. Do this and yoga or stretching workouts
04 May
Burpees, here we come! There are some good posture building yoga workouts on here too, we're gonna try those.
41 Posts
May 4, 2015 2:58pm
via Android

Pilates & yoga

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51