Working out a pulled muscle

4 posts | Original | Recent
26 Posts
Jul 16, 2015 2:38pm
via Android

Generally, just stretch right?
I've had a severely pulled groin muscle in my right leg since I was 6 months pregnant with my son, so about a year ago now. It lingers like a stage 5 clinger ex boyfriend and as of late is been bad, especially when I'm getting up off the floor. I don't want to over stretch it because it seems to be doing me no justice! I used to do ice and heat but it never fully went away...
Should I keep stretching and work out as if it isn't there?

821 Posts
Jul 16, 2015 10:47pm
via Android

I'm no sport therapist.  But usually a lingering pain are symptoms for something a lot more. Have you seen a physician?

342 Posts
Jul 17, 2015 12:58am
via Android

Ok first off I will agree with Jovon! 2nd I have a similar injury my doctor told me to do hamstring and groin stretches before and after exercising! Research it, stretching is excellent! But I would consult with your physician first to make sure you don't have nothing else going on, if not happy stretching and it is very important to get the form of your stretches proper!
Good luck!

385 Posts
Jul 19, 2015 12:07pm
via Android

I pulled the Soas muscle in my groin to right leg quite badly about 8-9 weeks ago...

For 2 week I couldn't walk properly and Im still very limited, cant run or do impact movements yet, like kick a ball etc.

My doctor said its a very troublesome muscle to heal as its constantly used...and sport therapist said upto a year later it will still twinge..

He recommend a downward stroke massage with oil and mild leg stretching
If you look in my pictures on my profile there is a picture of the groin and leg muscles and the soas is highlighted.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51