DOMS Sufferer....

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 17, 2015 10:00pm
via iOS
I really suffer with painful muscles after visiting the gym. I try to do stretches afterwards and drink plenty of water but am still crippled for days after.
Can anyone suggest a way to stop getting so much lactic acid build up or what to do to lessen the pain in the following days, please.
23 Nov
Make sure that u warm up before u workout with dynamic stretching which means u need to move your body like arm circles leg swings e.t.c to get the blood flowing to the muscles and static is done after to reduce tightness in the muscle and help keep them flexible,also have some protein after u workout and take break for a day or two to allow ur muscles to repair as doms can last for a couple of days apparently Bcaa help too xx
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 17, 2015 10:52pm
via Android

Cool down routine of still moving your muscles as they cool down to normal body temperature.  You are moving out the lactic acid in a liquid state when your muscles are still warm
It turns to a solid in your muscles 8f it is still there when the muscles completely cool.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 12:04am
via Android

Stick to a 4 outline for 6 - 8 weeks. BE CONSISTENT!  and make sure you are eating enough. Cardio the next day after heavy lifting. Even if you're hurting, it's worth it trust.

That's all you can do, unless you take steroids heh. Hang in there though it gets better.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 6:14pm
via Android

Karen, besides stretching, I would suggest a very light jogging for 30-40 mins next day/6-8 hours later, around 120 bpm heart rate. It boosts metabolic processes and contribute to faster lactic acid consumption. As a runner I use slow jogs (HR 120-130bpm) for recovery after high-intense session (eg interval running uphill, HR 180-190bpm). In fact any aerobic activity at 120bpm will go - swimming, cycling, etc. Also you may consider sauna. I would take it some time after workout, in 6-8 hours.

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Sep 21, 2015 12:58pm
via Android

I used to get the worst DOMS pain when i first started lifting heavy. Id moan from pain just doing simple things like sitting on the toilet or putting my bra on lol There's not much you can do but embrace the pain.

Everytime i wake up the next day with DOMS i get excited coz it means i trained hard

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 22, 2015 6:02am
via Android

Foam rolling after my workout has really helped me.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 22, 2015 3:34pm
via Android

This can happen if you're not going often enough, not sure what your schedule is.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51