Aggrivated

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 9:34am
via Android

I'm getting getting more and more aggravated with this app every day. Everyday I go to the gym, workout, then come to the app to post my workouts but I can never find any of the damn workouts! It sucks that I have to create each workout from new or pick one that is sort of similar to what I did. Maybe I'm making this harder than it should be.....

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 11:02am
via Android

Don't you have a plan before you go to the gym?

For me, at the gym, this app works great. I have regular routines I've either found from fitness blogs or planned myself, & i create them in the app. Then i use this app to help my timing, mostly of rests between sets, and to remind me what's next.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 11:27am
via Android

Ya I have a plan and a routine I do.  I just don't tend to use the app during the workout.  I guess I'm just being lazy and get tired of creating my own workouts. 

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 12:30pm
via Android

Yeah it's a bit tedious to create workouts often.  I have a few I've made that I rotate through, & have stuck with them for months, so it gets to be worth it.

If all you're doing is logging the workouts afterwards anyway, you can just create a workout like 'assorted gym exercise' with a custom exercise called sth like 'gym', set it for like 20 minutes or whatever works for you, add another 5 second 'finished' exercise, and this way you can 'do' the workout in the app, skip the 20mins, wait for the 5 second finish to run down (you can't skip the last exercise so i always leave a five second finish exercise slot on all my workouts), then repeat for however many times adds up to your gym time for the day.

You can copy this workout and alter it to make a couple longer and shorter ones to make it especially easy to add up the correct time. Like a 1hr,a 5 min, and a 20min... So if u workout for 45 mins you log 2 twenties and a five.... (sorry if I'm over explaining this)

depending on why you are doing the logging, the actual content of specific exercises may not really matter, I'm pretty sure you get the same skimble points based on overall time and intensity setting, you still inspire followers by showing activity, and you can record further info (eg. 'leg day' or 'cardio' etc) in the comments

I use a separate app (Simple Workout log) for actually keeping track of things like reps & weight, or time & distance (for like treadmills), which this app is not very good for. I used to try and record that info in a skimble comment but i like the structure of a dedicated app for that.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 18, 2015 12:39pm
via Android

Nice I'll try that.  Never thought of doing that.  Ya I wanted the app to keep track of my workouts and to keep myself honest.  I'm gonna check out that other app you mentioned.  Thanks.

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Sep 20, 2015 5:20am
via Android

Not sure if you need an app that tracks nutrition/calories as well as distance but I use mapmyfitness for that reason.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 20, 2015 6:49am
via Android

No not really looking for that.  I use mapmyfitness to track distance and time when I run outside.  I'm mainly looking for gym workouts that I don't have to create in this app myself.  That's why I downloaded it but I've found myself creating all my workouts.  A lot of these are all time based..... I usually track reps.

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Sep 21, 2015 4:57pm
via Android

Why not just make a log then type in what all you did? Wouldn't that be easier if you're only tracking reps and not basing it on time..?

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 21, 2015 10:00pm
via Android

Ya true.  This app sucks.  Thanks!

22 Sep
It doesn't really. It just isn't tailored to suit your needs.
22 Sep
I know, I'm just being a smart ass
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 22, 2015 12:05am
via Android

It's virtually impossible to have an app really track reps. I adjust my time I assign to sets based on roughly how long it takes me to do my reps. I just started making a new weight training workout and I see the update allows reps but I imagine it's still time based by assigning a certain amount of time to each rep (rather than watching me and counting my actual reps) I'll try it out and see which I like better... Some exercises are slower than others and i found it simple to just add or remove a few seconds if i found my time wasn't right. Plus i like the freestyle form just a block of time to do however many i feel up to that day.

What i find more useful is it keeping me on track with consistent rest times and not letting me get distracted.

It's really not that hard to make your own workout.  You should probably be sitting down and putting time into researching what approach will get you the results you want, and developing a workout based on that, anyway. Once it's made you can use it for months, and make copies for making whole new workouts, or make minor adjustments easily.

For an idea, check out the beginner Weight Training workouts I got from aworkoutroutine.com and made into skimble workouts. I've been doing them for a while now and liking my progress. They seem too simple but the site explains how you maximize results this way, and they're perfect for my schedule.

Beginner Weight Training: Workout A
Beginner Weight Training: Workout B
And this complex is fun:
Cosgrove's Evil 8 Complex

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51