Off ice training

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 8, 2013 11:01pm
via iOS
Anyone out there that does any sport on the ice? Figure skating, hockey, speed skating,etc? What kind if off I've training do you do?
09 Feb
I've should be ice
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 8, 2013 11:58pm
via Android

Try insanity asylum. This is great for athletic movements

09 Feb
Do you know of any low impact? Im coming back from having injuries and being ill for over a year
09 Feb
What kind of injuries
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 12:15am
via iOS
I'm a figure skater or was up until lat year when I chose ballet over skating by I Lise to do a lot of leg workouts also doing abs will help control your movements
09 Feb
I also heard yoga and Pilates are good for skating along with ballet
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 12:19am
via Android

Depending on the injuries it might also help to get into isometrics.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 1:51am
via iOS
Injures were to both of legs had them both broken and realigned
Image_thumb
175 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 1:51am
via Android

Lunges lunges squats squats jumps jumps and lots of it.  All different variants.  When you can add moderate weight high rep in.  Core and abs every other day.  Balance routines daily, single leg ones are prefered. Stretching everyday pre and post workouts and even if you dont work out stretch

Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 2:06am
via Android

Practice yoga for flexibility. Try Tia chi to help strengthen your legs as well. Really concentrate on your breathing techniques this is key for any kind of athletic activities that people do. Its really hard to come back from injuries I've had a lot because of what I do. Just be very positive and don't think that this is a set back. Its a big learning experience. Don't doubt yourself and be happy were u r at.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 3:13am
via iOS
Forgot to mention I also have lupus so having something not only help with flexibility, balance, and strength something that can help with aches and pain
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 3:52am
via Android

Try acupuncture and message therapy. These r also good for recovery. Eating healthy has a big part in recovery and to rebuild strength.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51