Soccer Goalie

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 1:42am

Hey guys. Im a goalie for my soccer team and after most games the day after I'm sore. Is there any way to prevent the sorness from diving back and forth on the ground after every game, or do I just have to deal with it. Thanks!

26 Feb
Stretching before and after a game may help, but as a goalkeeper i reckon you may just have to get used to the pain.Craziest position on the team!!!!!!
26 Feb
In my experience you just have to get used to it. I would take an epsom salt bath after games. It helps a, little bit.
Icon_missing_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 4:17am
via Android

Pratice, work out to get stronger, your getting sore after games because your body isn't used to it. Try to flex your muscle where your going to get hit and in time you wont even feel it.

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 1:50am

Thanks for the help! I'll try these in the coming season, especially after my double header this weekend.

27 Feb
Good luck, hope you win.Don't forget if you concede a goal, it's the centre backs fault lol.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 12:34am
via Android

I say if u have pain u ahould probably ice it when u get home. I am always sore after practice and games.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 2:06am
via Android

I played for a long time. Thst soreness means u did ur job. Id b more concerned if u felt fine. Anyway have fun in the mud and enjoy the grit someday ul miss it!

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 4:38am
via iOS
You will get use to it. And won't feel pain after sometime. Example boxers punch their abs to make them take punches when their in a fight. But if you having this pain for too long then do weight lifting .
173879_798122450_1400520971_n_thumb
1 Post
Jun 24, 2013 5:56pm
via Android

U should definitely get a foam roller.Aft your done wit prac or match,just use foam roller to complete your stretches.Helps a lot and der will be almost no soreness.

Image_thumb
102 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 1:50am
via iOS
All i can say is stretch, specifically stretch the areas that u use the most, legs, arms, shoulders etc. do this before and after games. im not a golie, im a striker but i still know how to play goalie

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51