Ankle Problems

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 24, 2013 5:06pm
via iOS
I have played soccer for 9 years now and over those 9 years I have really screwed up my ankles. I have recently torn ligaments in my right ankle and I have been on crutches multiple times because of them. Now I can't even roll them a little bit without a severe pain and swelling. My doctors say if I screw up my ankles one more time I won't be able to play soccer ever again. I can't let that happen so I was wondering how can I strengthen my ankles so they don't roll so easily and when they do don't have an extreme pain. Please help!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 25, 2013 3:11am
via Android

I have the same issue. If you have a resistance band or two there are a bunch of exercises you can do to help strengthen your ankles. Here's a site that lists the exercises I do and have been doing for ten years. If you have different strength bands it helps to move through the colors building the strength.

http://m.active.com/fitness/Articles/12_Ways_to_Build_Ankle_Strength_for_Top_Performance

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Mar 25, 2013 5:45am
via iOS
I've always had weak ankles,especially playing basketball in high school.. I wore a lace up boot that I bought at Walgreens and wore an ankle elastic support on my foot. Can't protect ur ankle but so much, but wrapping them really helps:))

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51