Running hurts.. Help pls??

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 3, 2013 8:08pm
via iOS
Hi! So I have this problem that when I run everything is ok nothing hurts. But suddenly this awful pain comes into my stomach and it doesn't stop before I stop even though i want to run. I usually eat before i go running and strech so why does this pain come?? What should i do from not getting the pain again?
03 Apr
Exactly what happens to me but I really want to run guys pls help us
03 Apr
Drink lots of water before running
03 Apr
I do but it stillbdoes it
04 Apr
Used to happen to me. Try eating something light. & drink lots of water. Now I run /jog miles nonstop. Good luck
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Apr 3, 2013 9:07pm
via iOS
Try avoid eating up to an hour or two before you run... Eat something small with sugar about 10 minutes before if you need the energy.

What happens is when you run your body shifts most of the blood to the muscles working, and because of that there is a lack of blood in your stomach. Especially when you're digesting, the stomach doesn't know what to do so it sends pain signals. As it turns out, eventually your stomach gets more efficient and the pains stop.

Just keep running and it will get better! Try keeping your stomach empty.
Neta
04 Apr
I agree. Running on a full tummy is a no no. A small snack is OK but don't eat a meal then hit the road. Make sure ur hydrated but I wouldn't chug a bunch of water either before u head out. Whether ur a rookie or an old timer on the road running will stress ur body to a certain point and it wants to get ride of all that food and water sloshing around in ur gut if u catch my drift.
04 Apr
Thanks guys! I'll try this! Actually today it helped that i kept my eyes on one spot and i ate like an hour before i started running:D
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 9:51am
via Android

Dnt run..;-)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 1:29pm
via iOS
Naah, i think i'l continue running! I absolutely love it!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51