ACL replacement

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:26am
via Android

Anyone had one before? I'm 6 months post op and frustrated that I still don't have full strength back. I can't wear heels AT ALL and I can't run. I get a popping in my knee all the time too.

28 Apr
Do aquatic therapy. Low impact resistance training through aquatics helps considerably. Also, be sure your on a low to no toxin intake. Soda, fried foods, copious amounts of red meat consumption(can bog you down if you can't metabolize it through increased exercise output) and alcohol or smoking. If you do any of these, it can increase healing time. I ruptured my achilles tendon and abstained from the things I mentioned and came back to play football inside of 8 months post op. Maybe give it a try?
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:30am
via Android

I've never had one, but you should try getting one of those rehab elastoc bands and do strengthening exercises with it!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:49am
via iOS
I had pulled my meniscus and ACL about 5 years ago. It took me a year, before i was finally able to walk without a brace. I still have some weakness in my knee, and I still have popping going on as well. I have a bio-skin brace with a pressure bar, that I wear when I workout. It helps a lot.
02 May
Torn meniscus here!! Not fun surgery next month... Staying positive
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 6:21am
via Android

I've been out of a leg brace since 2 months post op.  People are telling me that's good and that for 6 months post op I'm ahead of the game,  but it doesn't feel like it.  I'm impatient though.   I'm 4'11" and the Most I can press/lift/curl is 40lbs right now and I can't go longer than 3 miles on the elliptical and 1 mile on the stair climber.  Running is completely out lol. 

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 6:23am
via Android

I have one but I feel like it's too wimpy and I'm not healing fast enough.  They had me doing it in physical therapy 4x a week and I got irritated and stopped going lol.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:01pm
via iOS
Lol that's good though.! You are showing fast progress. I'm the same height and I was nowhere near, where you are now.
Icon_missing_thumb
60 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:27pm
via Android

Didnt have a ACL tear but i did tear my menincus and i was afraid of the surgery i had a really good doctor and once i was cleared to work out i opted to do my own physical therapy did a lot of leg extension with my brace it took some time to build my strength in my knee but through it all it went well best advice is to be patient you will struggle but you will also gain your strength back you might want to go back to your doctor who did your surgery to make sure all is well on the inside of your knee most important wear your brace!!

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 5:39pm
via Android

I had it torn 4 years ago . Waited almost 2 years for it to heal naturally but no avail. So I had to have acl reconstruction. And its quite frustrating first six months post surgery it'll take almost a year to completely recover so don't push it too hard. And if u still get popping in ur knee after surgery u should talk to ur doctor ASAP...;-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51