Treating ankle sprain

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
May 14, 2013 4:31pm
via Android

Hey guys i rolled my ankle pretty bad the other day, it swelled up and looked like someone stitched a golfball inside my ankle lol anyone know what to do

Image_thumb
176 Posts
May 15, 2013 4:00pm
via Android

I rolled my ankle pretty bad a few years ago. Fortunately, I had a teacher would had experience in this department. Keep off of it for 48-72 hrs. Use RICE during this period. Rest it. Ice for 15-20 minnutes at a time. Compress it, wrap an ace bandage around it to stabalize the ankle. Elevate it, keep your up above your heart.
Atfer that work to strengthen the muscles around the ankle so you can move around. Seat heel ups do 8 to 10 reps (no weights), just sit at the end of your chair (or couch) and lift your heel off of the ground. Reverse the motion, lift your toes off of ground while keeping your heel planted (same amount of reps). Find a sturdy object like a table, stand next one of the table legs and use the inside of your foot to push the table leg. Keep the position for 5 to 10 seconds, that 1 rep do 6 to 8 reps. Reverse the motion by using the outside of your foot to push the table leg, (same amount of seconds and reps). Take a small hand towel and place it on a sleek surface (usually the bathroom floor). Sit down with the towel stretched out the long way. Put your foot on one end of the towel and use your toes to bring the towel towards you. Don't lift towel off of thr ground, simply curl your toes until the towel is underneath your foot. Then reverse the motion until the towel is stretched out again. Do this 4-5 times. Trace the alphabet with your toes, do it twice. Do these exercises 2-3 times a day.

Don't over exert yourself, if you feel too much pain while doing these exercises you maybe doing more harm than good. These exercises won't heel your sprained ankle any faster (it usually takes about 2 weeks to heal). But they shoul help you get around for the time being.

Good luck and God Bless!

16 May
Shit man your like my physical therapist lol thanks dude
16 May
Lol na... I hurt my ankle slide while practicing for a baseball game. And I was really determined to get back on feet quickly. So I picked my teacher's brain, did some research and put everything together.... This came from men who were smarter than me.
Image_thumb
152 Posts
May 15, 2013 4:27pm
via iOS
Aaawww man, I feel bad for you, I know what it's like. Hope you get better soon! I hurt my neck in a car accident about 4 months ago. I had to stop working out, it sucked!
16 May
Damm i bug out when i wake up with a sore neck lmaoo i coulf just imagine what its like hurtin it in an accident

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51