Tailbone pain

4 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 3:11pm
via iOS
I am experiencing pain in my tailbone when doing full sit ups. I am using an exercise mat so it's not that I can feel the floor and the pain stops the moment I stop doing them. I'm currently doing the 30 day abs challenge and was just wondering if its usual to experience pain in this area when getting used to performing sit ups? It is only sit ups that I have pain with, crunches are fine as are leg raises.
01 Jun
You may have fractured you tailbone. It will hurt to sit for long periods of time on hard surfaces. No need to go to the doctor; it will heal on its own. Do crunches instead of sit-ups.
Jun 2, 2013 11:31pm
via iOS
It is probably a tailbone fracture. I got one from falling off a horse, it will hurt for a while. Try to not sit on something hard for too long. When your sitting, position your hips sideways a bit so that pressure is not on your rail bone. Any sitting exersize should probobly be short and carefully. No need to go the doctor, but icing it should help with the pain a little!
02 Jun
Ps: you know those little travel pillows that look like a donut with a bit missing? Those work well for sitting on. It lets the tailbone relax.
Image_thumb
152 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 11:43pm
via iOS
That can happen. Give it a rest an try ab workouts that do not involve sitting on your tailbone. Such as bycicles and other ones like that. Hope this helps.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 20, 2013 2:51pm

If you feel problem on your bowel movement you can take some stool softening medicine. And some strong pain killer and anti-inflammatory medicines are also available by prescription only. Swimming and some yoga poses like "cat and cow" pose are also helpful to your tail bone pain.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51