Sore Muscles...

5 posts | Original | Recent

Celine123_thumb
129 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 1:03pm
via Android

So...I've been working out everyday straight for about a week...short intense workouts but I've always been working out for a while but just not everyday...so this morning I woke up and I was pretty sore...and I feel really lousy if I miss a day of working out and I like NEED to workout...but people say I should give my body some rest but arrggsjdhd any tips? /:

Image_thumb
133 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 1:51pm
via Android

For a off day I like to work in light stretching.  So if you hate to miss a day try that and I am talking a 30 min session not a quick 10 min deal.  Your body will love you for it.

10 Jun
Thanks :) Do you have any suggestions on what stretches to do?
10 Jun
Try to my full body stretch on Skimble but just use pause and make your stretch set a little longer.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 1:53pm
via iOS
Your body adapts to the training on its rest days you need them in your programme
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 3:25pm
via iOS
It is important to stretch before and after your workouts to keep yourself from tensing up. As previously mentioned you do need rest days. Your body struggles to recover if you keep it going constantly. On your rest days be sure to stretch well and if you MUST get up and get out, only walk. Allow your body the time it needs to recover to meet your demands. Hydration hydration hydration as well. Good luck!,
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 8:54pm
via iOS
Are you eating the appropriate foods to fuel your body and to ensure a good recovery after the work outs?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51