Off topic

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 2:56pm
via Android

Hi..j just had to rant a little..so j have been sober 7 months..all the people i used to think were Mt friends are all now gone..i am eating healthier..and trying to stay in shape..just had to say that it sucks that you try to change your life for the better and people just walk away...i now have no friends and pretty much do things and go placed by myself...sorry if i sound like a whiner just had to vent somewhere guess if they don't want to be around me i am better off..one day maybe i will find new friends that share my new interests..well i am done. .thanx

14 Jul
That's the way life goes and you have the best attitude at the moment keep doing what's best for you and you will get true friends in the future that share your same interests and accepts you for who you are keep moving forward and don't settle for Less! Remember you come FIRST!!!!!!!!! -KAYB
14 Jul
Thanx..i don't need those people i go hiking, Rocj climbing even movies by myself..i will find new people to meet..i am single and doing good...so i will enjoy my life
14 Jul
Sorry..meant rock climbing
14 Jul
I am so proud of u Jon
14 Jul
I am still proud of u Jon how many did u do?
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 7:47pm
via Android

Well done Jon.. you'll thank yourself for it one day.

14 Jul
Thank you.. and i already do
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 8:25pm
via Android

Congratulations on 7 months!! Keep it up, and greater things
shall follow!

Image_thumb
191 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 8:40pm
via iOS
Congrats Jon on having the courage to change your life around!!! 

It takes a mature individual to realise that things need to change, and it takes a courageous one to actually take the steps to make it happen! I have sympathy for those who have now turned their backs on you. I can only assume they have done this because their weak. Hearing that you're  movin on to bigger and better things like a life  of health and fitness only emphasis the fact that they can't do it. Jealousy and insecurity are two words that spring to mind. You are your own best friend, the more you love yourself and are confident in ur own skin, real people will appreciate and respect that. You'll have real friends in no time. 

Thanks for sharing, it's not venting this is real life, this is how people are unfortunately. I wish you the best of luck for the future. 
14 Jul
Thanx so much..that was nice to hear..i will be better and stronger..in body and mind
14 Jul
No problem Jon, and I truly believe you will be better. This is just the beginning for you, preparation for good things to come I'm sure! Those ppl were just holding you back.
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 9:23pm
via Android

Jon im so sorry! I feel you the same thing happened to me! All my friends ran... They claimed i was crazy for giving up the crazy lifestyle.  keep going!

14 Jul
I will keep going .and you know at first you think that you did simmering wrong then you realize that you never had true friends if they would turn on you when you were trying to better your life...hope things are going good for you
14 Jul
Lol. Something not simmering
14 Jul
I am! I have friends that support my goals:-) and people that i can encourage!
14 Jul
That's a good thing..i hope the best for you
14 Jul
U want a texting buddy :-)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 11:06pm
via Android

Is it even more sad that i went out drinking by myself yesterday? Hahaha

14 Jul
Nope..to each they're own..long aa you had fun
14 Jul
Jon how old are u?
16 Jul
Hey Jon
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Jul 15, 2013 2:37am
via Android

First I like to say Congrats on 7 months sober and I admire that. It took will power and courage to do what you've done. I just started on my journey of an healthy lifestyle, my friends and I occasionally  talk and hangout now that I've taken control of my own well being so when that day come they complete exile me I say Jon told me it would happen.

I believe apart of life is controlling things that we can and placing the things we can't in God's hands.

So thanks Jon for having the well power and courage to change and lead by example.

15 Jul
Well thank you.and good luck in your journey..do this for you first...i hope the best for you my friend..i week watch your progress..take care
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jul 15, 2013 2:42am
via iOS
Wow, when you are healthy and in great shape in 10 years they will be the ones feeling like losers. It's their loss.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 3:33am
via Android

Went though same thing found much better friends at kenpo and then later at the race track my old so call friends one died drunk driving rest poor health just getting out and be respectful to people u will find a whole new group of people to built New friends

Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 1:00pm
via iOS
First, congratulations on your decision to change your life and better yourself. Keep it up and stay strong. Second, "friends" come and go, but FRIENDS stick around. I learned this lesson on all of my deployments. It hurt at first but I came to realize if they were willing to walk away when I most needed their support then they weren't friends at all and if not then, they would have walked away at some other point in my life. I have started the process of building new friendships and evaluating existing ones. Better they leave sooner than later. You can now start over and find new relationships, you now know which type of people to avoid. Use this community for instance, there are a lot of great people here. They share the same interest in getting fit and bettering themselves. You may not be able to meet up with all of them but a friend doesn't have to be someone who lives nearby, simply just has to be someone you enjoy on many different levels. Or for another example, say you enjoy being active outdoors (hiking, rock climbing, white water rafting, biking, etc) get out there and find some classes and/or groups that do these activities and get to know the people within these classes/groups. It is never too late to mold your life into what you want it to be. Good luck in keeping with your sobriety and rebuilding your life and relationships how you want! Never give up, a better quality of life is right around the corner.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51