How to tell my parents someone likes me???

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 1:03am
via Android

This boy at school wants to ask me out,but I think he's afraid my dad or mom will get on to me for dating. See,I am not supposed to date,but I want to. I really like him too. How do I tell them?

29 Aug
I wouldn't tell them hahaha . Make it old school and sneak out from the window.
29 Aug
I was dating at age 12. Nobody cared. But i also kept it secret.
29 Aug
To me, u should tell your parents, since they have pass ur teen age before,and know more about relationship. So no worries.. dont keep as a secret.. you will feel guilty..
30 Aug
Are you asian? Lol my mom always told my older sister and me not to date... eventually she did and they weren't too mad... now that we're older (20s) they said they just say that to see how long they can delay the enevitable... every kid will end up dating.. they're buying time
04 Sep
I told my dad,and he didn't flip out. 1 down,another to go.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 1:09am
via Android

See,I've done that. But,people threatened to tell my parents,and then that made me scared and paranoid,so I had to break up with my boyfriend.

29 Aug
Do u mind if I ask how old are you? You can explain to them that he's just a friend " more than a friend" inside you haha and maybe let him meet your parents.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 1:14am
via Android

12. ( -.-') But..I just. Gahh. So frustrating.

Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 1:14am
via Android

Oh my god I just ralozed how to reply. lol

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 1:34am
via iOS
You are quite young to be "dating",  my daughter is 16 and still hasn't gone on a date. 

Liking a boy is fine, having a bf is fine..

My question is how can you date? You have no job, no vehicle. Obviously your parents have a reason not to want you to date, you just mentioned you were sneaking out,

Parents aren't clueless or dumb. 

Focus on school, friends and church....you have your whole life to worry about boys, 
29 Aug
Well,you have a point on the dating part,I just called it that because...well....I dunno.
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:15am
via Android

Your parents don't allow you to date because you are still very young at 12 and just want you to be safe, I just turned 18 and never went out on a date and I am perfectly okay with that. How old is he anyway

29 Aug
Same age as me.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:25am
via Android

Okay guys,my parent's are jerks sometimes. (I still love 'em but sometimes they just annoy me SO bad.) So,how do I tell them? My dad will probably be cool with it.

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 2:27am
via iOS
You really do not need to be dating at your age. Focus on the things in your life that are important NOW, like school, your friends, church, and all the other things that take precedence in a 12 year old's mind. Boys do not need to be important to you right now. The time will come, you just need to be patient. Focus on making friends with this boy if you want, but keep it a friendship.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:48am
via Android

You are too young for dating focus on other things in life. Anyway this is a workout app not a solve-my-life-problems app

1076739_100003023605339_461931931_n_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 9:59am
via Android

Heey just say to the guy that your perants dont like it but I dont care. If he likes you enough he will ask you out other wise leave it.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 10:56am
via Android

If there is a fastfood restaurant nearby for the both of you ask if you can/you want to go and have a lunch orso with him there and then come back. Its not like you are doing crazy things at age 12 hehe

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 11:07am
via Android

Hun u r jst a baby,ths world is complicated enough wthout u adding boys to yr life rite now. Lisa is rite concentrate on school. Have fun b a child,u want to grow up so quick,bt trust me sweetie wen u get there it isn't all fun and games. Your parents are doing the rite thing if they are annoying u,that is our job!! X

04 Sep
I do focus! It's just creepy how much we have in common. It's not like I make F's because I think about him. I get A's and B's
Aug 29, 2013 11:52am
via Android

You sound like you just met a good friend.  Just go and play tennis or some other sports with him and others and you will get used to having a friend without the complications of dating.  Your parents may even be happy about that. Dont let yourself influenced by your peers in thinking boys are just there for dating. What's wrong with just having a boy friend as a friend. Best to get to know him and yourself! :) what's dating at 12 anyways?!

30 Aug
Well,if you guys saw us together,you'd probably snap your fingers and go,'Ment to be couple right there!' And we are friends.
30 Aug
I don't know where you are getting these ideas from, and I will stay polite and not say what I see when I see two twelve year olds holding hands, but I would definitely never ever think they are meant for each other. You seem to be here so that people tell you that you are right to be dating this young, that your parents are wrong to forbid you dating and you think you would be presented here with a perfect solution where you can tell your parents you are dating without them being able to do anything against...
27 Jan
...yeah, ok.. I was 12 when I started and thought it was going to last forever. It didn't and everyone knew it wasn't. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to makr it last as long as possible. It will end when it ends. Good Luck with it :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 4:26am
via Android

If ur brown do the opposite and live in fear .. You will thank me one day lol

21 Jan
What does tht mean?
24 Jan
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jan 21, 2014 5:05am
via Android

YOU GUYS! THIS GIRL IS LOOKING FOR TIPS ON HOW TO TELL HER PARENTS ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND, NOT CRITICISM!!!! 12 IS NOT TOO YOUNG! I AM 12, I KNOW FOUR 11 YEAR OLD COUPLES! please, if your going to criticize,  why even come on this page at all?

27 Jan
Now THAT is how you solve a problem... Or 5.
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 21, 2014 6:05am
via Android

Grownups and kids dnt thnk the sameway... what your ideas of what "dating " and what an adults ideas of" dating " are as different as black and white and only adults you really need to talk to is your parents who knw you and love you...if you havnt already done that by the time I'm writing this... just go up to them and say can I talk to u bout something very important to me? Please dnt freak out or nothing but.... or maybe write everything down and give it to them in a letter.... your 12 Like most adults your parents are exspecting these kinds of talks to pop up around ths time in your life

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51