Anxiety/Panic Attacks

9 posts | Original | Recent

1115870_1099882103_626423093_n_thumb
67 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 12:19pm
via Android

I was just curious if anyone else suffers from this? It's been an ongoing battle for me since I was 27.. now 43. I have it pretty bad..No trigger points just out of the blue. I'm on meds but maybe they need to be tweaked. What do you that helps you cope.. get out of the funk it throws you into? Special foods/diet to make it better? I've cut all pop and caffeine out! I am going to start seeing a therapist next week... to try and develop better coping skills. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! :-)

10 Sep
I'll def look into those supplements anything to help! I'm usually good with talking myself out of one. But some days they get out of control. I am not depressed so its anxiety that sends me in a tail spin at times. Both my mom and sister have anxiety problems as well as my youngest daughter. I know I got this! :) Some days are just a tad bit more trying than most! But I will come out on top! :•}
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 12:27pm
via iOS
I have them pretty frequently actually I had to go to the hospital once to be stabilized...it was pretty emberassing mine are usually triggered by thinking about my friends that have left ir boyfriend that has gone to college...and they're rele hard to handle :(
10 Sep
I agree they are hard to handle BUT if you have a good and understanding support system with family/friends it def helps!! :)
10 Sep
Yes it does :)
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 2:33pm
via iOS
I've never been diagnosed but I do have social anxiety issues. New experiences and new people scare me. Plus, I have obsessive and ritualistic behavior. I like to make sure faucets are off, the door is locked and all the lights are off. This behavior becomes more intense around the time of the month. It used to be much worse back in 2007. Now, it's gone from much worse to moderate. When I joined university in 2009, I saw a counselor for 4 years. It was nice to talk to someone about my issues.
10 Sep
I'm going next week to talk with a therapist and I'm actually looking forward to it!! :)
10 Sep
That's great. The willingness to better yourself is the best thing you can do for you. It just makes the process much easier to deal with stuff. All the best.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 3:06pm
via Android

Hey Shawn, I have attacks so much I can't leave my home or drive a car. I walk outside without my husband and daughter I wake up in a hospital. That is how bad my anxiety was just three years ago. Two years ago I requested to be taken off anxiety meds. I decided to fight. I went to a doctor that believed in homeopathic meds. She drew my blood and told me what my body was lacking. Everybody should exercise and for those take meds do your exercise in the sunlight. Drink plenty of water more than usual to help flush out the fillers. Stick to a health diet cut down on your red meat intake unless you know. You are about to burn it exercising. As far as health supplements after you get stuck they will tell you all you need. To start drink tea. Every grocery store has an aisle that has tea for you. I can't take pills due to the fillers. I keep dandelion root, chamomile crushed, calcium with vitamin d, and all the tea I may need.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 3:08pm
via Android

I used to have panic attacks but have not had any in 2 1/2 years  I gave my live to the Lord he helped me ...Jesus has taught me that all the troubles of this life don't have to get to me I just.give it to him ..we are his children he wants to trust that he knows best and know that he will handle it .he loves us

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 5:23pm
via Android

I used to have palpitations, tachycardia, and chest pain occuring out of the blue about 4 years ago. One friend suggested that I go see a physician. I did, and she referred me to psychiatrist upon negative physiological results. I was in therapy for anxiety disorder, and the therapist prescribed antidepressants. But the symptoms did not go away. It actually worsened. The psychiatrist referred me to a better cardiologist, and found out I had mitral valve prolapse, very common in women, which has the same exact symptoms of anxiety and panic disorder. Apparently my old doctor misdiagnosed me and did not do extensive tests. My cardiologist put me on medications and my anxiety attacks very rarely occur. I suggest go see a cardiologist first. Do keep us updated :)

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 5:54pm
via Android

I do use some of these supplements but I am gluten intolerant. So that is why I drink the tea and use powder or liquid form. Please meditate, learn breathing, and get rid of stress in your life. We all hope we have helped in some small way

67 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 7:49pm
via Android

I have been to see a cardiologist ... clean bill of health :)
I am going to try some supplements... check out the therapist.. and just try not to let my thoughts get the best of me.... mind over matter!
It's weird I can go months and months without an episode and then BOOM - its like I'm playing dodge ball... last person standing ... everyone has a ball but me! And I'm fixing to get wrecked! Lol
Overwhelming to say the least!
But I've got this!
I want to say Thank you for your kind words.. sharing your stories and what works for you!
I'll post after my first visit with therapist.... looking forward to it!!
Good Vibes to you all!! :)

10 Sep
Hey Shawn fortunately I don't have the panic attacks but anxiety is something I cope with..I'm taking meds but it seems that the exercise and dieting have really helped me cope..hope everything goes well and we're here to help one another....
10 Sep
Agree exercise can be great "therapy", as well as healthy physically of course! Therapist should be helpful, hopefully help you identify triggers and develop strategies for managing anxiety. Be honest and open in you sessions and you should benefit, best of luck, I hope it goes well!
67 Posts
Sep 26, 2013 1:08pm
via Android

Stupid anxiety came out of no where last 5 mins of my jog. Thought it was going to take me out..... but I just went into kick ass mode and took it out! Whew.... anxiety sucks so BAD!

26 Sep
I'm cheering for you while you are kicking ass! You're awesome!
26 Sep
Thank you tons Claudia! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51