Physics

10 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
103 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 5:28pm
via Android

Ok this is totally random but how do you learn physics? Do u like write write down everything u learn or just read everything again and again? I cant just get an A in physics - stuck in A-

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 7:45pm
via Android

Oh..I have the same problem..Help us!!!!!
But I mean I learn ancient Greek and I can't even study physics

12 Oct
I am a Greek one so I can tell that ancient Greek is 100000% more difficult than physics.
13 Oct
It sounds tough! We are dooomed!!! :p
13 Oct
Totally!
15 Oct
I dont like physics
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 9:43pm
via Android

I say write a lot down and reading over it again. You don't have to write everything down, but just the important stuff.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Oct 13, 2013 12:13am
via Android

You have to do in this manner.
1. You read it.
2. You make yourself understand with topic.
3. Read it again to clear everything.
4. And then write it down to remember it for longer time.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 13, 2013 1:39am
via Android

Hey there :) Im a physics major. A little tip for studying physics is that it isn't all about memorizing (of course it's still important). It's more of understanding the concepts and formulas so that you can better remember and apply them in situational problems :)

13 Oct
Thanks for the tip! :)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 1:37am
via Android

Lol I'm struggling in physics. You in college?

15 Oct
I'm starting college next year! :) I'll get into a medical college so that i dont have to face physics! :p
15 Oct
Medical is overrated. Go with engineering. Virginia tech all the way!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 2:11am
via iOS
When working on a problem write down what they're looking for and what they're giving you then solve.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 6:57am
via Android

Hey there! I am an engineering student and an aspiring astronaut :), my favorite subject is physics.I don't reallt know if it will help you with your grades but I'd like to share how I do physics. I read the theory from a good book, slowly and by paying attention trying to understand each and every word, after I've finished reading a topic, I visualize , I set up a problem in my mind and ponder with it , I ask myself what will happen if I do this? And then I try to interpret and visualize the answer according the theory that I read earlier.

Theoretical physics is fun! But its even fun seeing it in action, so try and set up experiments, if they are out of you're domain , go to youtube and watch a videos that demonstrate the experiments and phenomenons rrlated to the topic you just studied. Although practical situations are a little different than what you've studied in the theory as the theory in books is a purely ideal case by neglecting environmental factors.

As far as problems and fomulae are concerned, just keep practicing problems this way you will memorize the important formulae and learn new concepts.

A few good books :

Resnick Haliday
University Physics
Feynman lectures

And yeah, Math plays a huge role in physics!!
So...good math , analytical skills and high visualization power are my keys to success in physics :)

I hope this helps, also best of luck with your exams :)

15 Oct
Thanks so much! All i ever do is stare at the physics book lol
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 4:17pm
via Android

Take it easy... One step at a time... Focus on a topic... Read it a few times...work with the formulas...then solve the questions....wherever u r stuck,refer again to the problem....learning physics is a gradual process...take ur time...use different approaches to help urself....

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 8:22pm
via Android

Just review the formulas and try to imagime what type of questions ur teacher get on testsĀ  and try to find out how to solve them ..

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51