A few extra mince pies won't do any harm... or will they??!!

10 posts | Original | Recent

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 10:26am

I'm just curious what people's attitudes/thoughts/opinions are in the lead up to Christmas...

Are you planning to maintain your diet as it is now over the Christmas period? Or change your food but have calorie quota/limit? Or are you planning to treat yourself and burn off the excess in the new year? Is their any attitude(s) you think are wrong to have towards food/exercise in relation to Christmas? And what about your exercise plans over the seasonal period?

Discuss.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 11:49am
via Android

For me it wont change much. Just the normal routine exept for 1 day. Just plan my cheatday on that day. Will go heavy just before christmas so i can take a lil rest from training and recover.

But when im eating at other ppls house i will take some yogurt and/or whey with me just to keep up with macro nutritients. If its really bad i take chicken with me as a snack. So i dont have to starve and look at all kind of snacks.

But i only do that when im in a serious cut phase haha

21 Nov
So you avoid snacks in favour of yoghurt/chicken, is that right? You sound like a bodybuilder. Am I right? Sounds like you have your game plan down for this Christmas. Have a good one Rappa :)
21 Nov
Yea that are to take with you and filling 'meals'. Makes it easier to stick to what you plan.
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 5:51pm
via Android

I'm going to plan my cheat days on Thanksgiving and Christmas so I can eat what I want. On the days in between, I'll just continue to exercise, count calories, and eat healthy to stay on track. I mean, who wants to skim on major holidays where there will be delicious food? Of course, people want to maintain their health, but depriving yourself is no fun.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 5:56pm
via iOS
Hi David. I'm not after the killer body which requires this level o discipline. I fully intend to eat what I want over the Xmas period which is my favorite time of the year, but I'll ramp up my cardio at the same time to minimize the 'damage'
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 8:24pm
via Android

Im cooking for all the holidays!  Ill cheat a bit on the holidays with a small dessert.  But plan to stan on track.

000_0225_thumb
154 Posts
Nov 22, 2013 12:27am
via Android

Im planning to eat what I want but set a calorie limit so I keep the weight off and possibly still lose. So if I want to eat more I guess ill be doing 1000 jumping jacks and other workouts so I can :)

22 Nov
Haha. You could always exercise in a santa outfit - entertaining for others and it doubles up as a sweat suit! Lol only joking, sweaty Christmas!
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Nov 22, 2013 5:07am

Hey David, i usually eat more smaller meals now so i just cant hold the sort of huge over do it cramfest i used to have. Plus being veg holds down some fat calories as well. So i will likely eat whatever i want and rely on a smaller stomach to limit things. But its Christmas and i dont plan to have strict  limits...its just once a year! 

22 Nov
Shame I can't cycle over xmas due to it being unsafe (ice) but we do have a traditional boxing day walk in the countryside :)
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Nov 22, 2013 7:44am

Similarly to Jason I plan to eat traditional xmas food but to stop eating when I'm full and avoid regular snacking between meals. I'm not gonna punish myself, I want to enjoy the season, but I don't want to undo all my hard work either. Moderation is the key for me...

...with a measure of stubbornness - family will have to learn that no means no and not insist on me eating more more more!!!

"David would you like like some more food?"

"No thanks"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Oh go on!" [as they empty an enormous quantity of food on my plate!!]

[Mutters to self] "Oh dear God!"

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 12:05am
via Android

Just wondering how everybody got on over the festive season...

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 12:21am
Can't remember
04 Jan
Oh dear! :-P hehe

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51