How to stop caring what people think of you.

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 7:30pm
via Android

Any ideas?

01 Jan
Actually i have always tried to do this and still trying .. i work in TV so i must reakky care about what people may think of me or my image but recently i have came to a conclusion that the people who i really care about wont even judge me ..but they encourage me and thats why we should always focus on those people and forget about tge rest ... the most important thing is to always love ur self and never ever let anyone get u down ..
01 Jan
I agree.. I'm trying to..but its so hard esp concerning people who I care about...ur right...
01 Jan
Soso is right
02 Jan
That's so true me 2!
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 8:17pm
via Android

The first step to stop caring is- to learn to love YOURSELF. If you dont love yourself it is nearly impossible to not care.

Hope this helps:)

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 8:48pm
via Android

I just ingore
Who gives a fuck what ppl think of u
The only that matters is
What do u think of urself

Icon_missing_thumb
93 Posts
Jan 1, 2014 9:36pm
via Android

People will always judge you. Not everyone will like you,  like the way you dress, how you look etc. I am surrounded by people who seek perfection.  I am judged by my family friends, everyone. I just learned to not give a f***. Do stuff that makes ME happy not to please other people. If I want to wear something outrageous, you know damn well I'm going to wear that with confidence even though others may think it's not right or hate on it, who cares? What is the point in stressing over what other people think of you when you can rather just be happy being you and do as what you want freely. Because you can't please everyone. You can be the most beautiful nicest sweetest person and there will be someone who dislikes you.

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 12:17am
via iOS
Ask God for help through prayer.
02 Jan
Agreed... :-)
02 Jan
Without God you can't see the beauty inside and outside
06 Jan
Tripple ditto
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 12:45am
via Android

My personal beliefs are there's only one that I need to please..and that is why I don't too much worry about what others think...

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 3:05am
via Android

If you are going to work/school. Paying your bills. If you are taking care of your business in general, you have nothing to worry about. You put your pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else.

02 Jan
What if u dnt go to work or school tho?
02 Jan
Who tf is talking about school
02 Jan
The comment you posted on the writers post reply says "if you are going to work/school." I'm trying not to be rude but reading comprehension 101!!!!!!
02 Jan
I know what the topic was about. The point I was making is if you doing stuff the right way, your fine. Ex. excelling in school/college or going to work. The people you should worry about are the ones who are helping you reach your goals and be a better person. Family, friends,teachers,boss.
02 Jan
Your point would have made sense originally if you had just had said it like tht n th first place not to mention answered my question..but instead you asked a question n which I answered....literally lol...sarcasm and any cousins it posseses is totally lost on me...funny how different people can veiw things or how different individuals think...which makes me like what Ashdin( sorry can't remember how to spell your name) said even more and thnk I should value the perceptions of others as we are all unique just like God made us and everyone deserves validation as well as we...
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 3:22am
via Android

This may be out of context Ashley but this is what I think. I feel it is extremely important to worry about what ppl think of you. In my business we say perception is reality. It doesn't matter what the truth is, for example I used to get feedback that a lot of people thought I was extremely snooty, so they would not come and talk to me. I always thought I was the mixing sort and felt that maybe cause I was well to do that is impression was created. I took this feedback on board and decided to change this image of myself.

My point is not to be affected by what ppl think of u. But to use that as feedback to become even better!

02 Jan
Tht is a good point...never thought bout it tht way
02 Jan
In management there is a Japanese principle of Kaizen. Which means small continuous improvement! I try and live my life like that. Every time I do something I have done before I try and see how can it be done better.
02 Jan
I knw ths ain't my post but ths is something tht I struggle with as well I agree I also try to continue to better myself esp. Spiritually but I dnt knw how to not let it affect me so much how do I do tht? Is it sort of a matter of fact detachment??? Like whn working out someone may say hey u need to work on ...and thn I can go back and analize my workouts and see what I can do to take steps to fix it...is it kinda like tht??? Did u ever struggle with taking...
02 Jan
In my company we have a theory. When something bad happens or something personal is said. Take 3 minutes to panic, feel upset, cry, etc. But post that 3 minutes start figuring out what to do to solve it. It's important to take it personally. Cause if u don't. It means u don't care.
02 Jan
Thank u ...Ill try it :-)
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 7:44pm
via Android

I used to really care about what people thought of me. It drove me crazy and made me so self conscious. I was anxious in public and terrible. Then, I found that it was because I didn't think much of myself. I figured, if I think I'm awkward, ugly, fat, etc. then others must think the same! Over the past few months, I've done things to make me feel better about myself and I know that I like myself a lot more and I don't really care what people think of me because they MUST know that I'm amazing :) You have to care about yourself before others can. Then, if someone is hating on you, you can just know that they're wrong and have nothing better to do. Who cares?

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 9:41pm
via Android

Some people can be jerks I learned from one of my friends at school you just have to be happy with who you are and not care what other people think about you what you think is what matters

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 2:02pm
via Android

I always feel like people judging me when I'm in church because they don't really know me. I don't usually get involved. I always keep to myself.

Image_thumb
74 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 3:06pm
via Android

Be your true self at all times, no matter what. Always say what you want to say and do what you want to do.  Life is so short, we dont realize until someones end's how little time we have.

You cant change what other people feel , so dont let how they feel change you!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 3:20pm
via Android

Try getting involved with things in the church remember we are the church and the church is the body of Christ. Just like our bodies have many members like the hands, eyes, so forth. The church consists of different people with different personalities. My point is we all need each other to function properly as a body, as a whole. Maybe once you start getting involved more you will find your calling. As for people judging you well do their opinions matter? Are they paying your bills or helping you? If not then stay focused and only listen to the voices of encouragement. Pray and ask Jesus for desernment and for him to lead you. He will never fail you.

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 3:28pm
via Android

When life puts you up against mean and hurtful people, think of them as sandpaper. They may push you or rub you the wrong way. But in the end you'll be smooth and polished and the sandpaper will just be worn out and ugly. #FightingTemptations

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Jan 6, 2014 6:37pm
via Android

I was bullied at school for the way that I look, they usually told me that I have an amazing body but my face doesnt fit with my body, but I look exactly the same as I did when I was in primary school, so I am struggling to love myself seriously my self confidence is literally non existent. 

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 3:10am
via iOS
It's tough to switch off those automatic thoughts. A quote by Seth Rogen comes to mind,"Liking me is mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter". My older brother told me about this once and I thought nice way to put it.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 3:32pm

WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.  END OF STORY. 

Words to live by

Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 4:01pm
via Android

if there negative stay fair away from them there just like crabs in a barrel. surround yourself with positive people u become what u hang around

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51