Women are being objectified: Urgent!!! Please read

21 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 3:50pm
via Android

This is going to be the most important topic I out of all my other topics so listen up!!! I see a lot of guys on here putting comments about how they want women bodies to look like, and commenting like crazy when women put on inappropriate pictures. I sometimes don't see any decent men on here. Women do you want men to treat you like objects? Women are being rape and sexually assaulted everyday!!! You should be finding those comments very offensive and hurtful. Even when they say those things in real life, and you don't know if that guy is going to come at you. Women can't be alone most of the time when we go out. Day and night time we have to be around people most of the time in oder to be safe. I read an article about a woman who is a rape victim and was talking about this topic. She didn't say all men were like this, but she does say that some decent guys are not doing their job to respect and protect women. They are scared that people (including friends) might think of them as gay. We have to end up protecting ourselves. Some people even blame the rape victims for getting raped. They say to them '' you shouldn't have been wearing the clothes that you were wearing'' or ''you should of learn to protect yourself''. It is never the victim fault!!! When I read this article, I was thinking that this is so sad. That there's no hope in true love nowadays. That most guys only care about what women look like and sex. It's mostly hard to find decent men nowadays. I feel so sorry for all the rape and sexually assaulted victims. They have to live in fear of men every single day. They can never trust men anymore. They can't be friends with the men that were their friends. To all the women out there please be more careful on what you put online, watch your surroundings and stand up for yourselves if guys say something inappropriate to you. To all the decent men out there, please continue to treat women right and try to protect them. Don't be indecent just because you are around people. Stand up for women!!! Thank you for taking your time to read this.

03 Jan
Do.You think.I.have inappropriate pics?
03 Jan
No and you don't need to work on your boobs just cuz some guy told you to. Do it if you want to do it.
04 Jan
Its really not hard to find a decent man if you know where and how to look.
04 Jan
Well said. I got this app to help my weight not show off.
04 Jan
Thank you Brenna
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 3:57pm
via Android

The case is just worse in India. Look at the number of rapes occurring here daily.

03 Jan
India is rank number 3, but United States is rank number 1.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 5:37pm
via Android

The women need to stand up, too. If she's offended by a comment, then she needs to address it and distance herself from that person. On the flip side, men that have been told to stop need to do so. I've seen guys continue to pursue and harass even after bein' told "No." But there are women that post pics that are obviously shoutin' for sexual attention and if that's all they think they're worth then we can tell 'em 'til their ears bleed that they're more than a body but they gotta figure it out for themselves. Sadly, they don't realize until somethin' tragi happens to 'em. There will always be creeps and women that desperately crave any attention they can get and all you can do is not associate with them if they won't accept any help.

03 Jan
I totally agree
03 Jan
Well said.
04 Jan
Thank you!!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 11:23pm
via Android

A block feature would be great - that way people could block weirdos and pervs without making their profile private from the whole Skimble community

03 Jan
I'm sure it's been brought up to the admins before and it would help a great deal. I've just recently had to tell a guy twice via comment and pm to stop. He even made a lewd comment on a pic of me with my HUSBAND!
03 Jan
03 Jan
Yeah, lol, it's creeps like that that make women think there's no good guys out there. He hasn't commented anymore and hasn't replied to the pm but ladies, you gotta stand your ground and let 'em know you don't appreciate it instead of leadin' 'em on or not takin' a stand.
03 Jan
@Amanda just had a nosy at your pics to see the comments - man that guy's weird!! Good on you for telling him where to go! There's also another chap who I see you've encountered who seems to spend all his time on this app leaving 'very beautiful' & 'sexy' comments on every photo he can find of a female. Kinda diminishes the value of his compliment when dishes it out so frequently! Very sad
03 Jan
For any women who think theres no good men out there just bc of comments on an app or online needs to get out more.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 11:31pm
via Android

Weren't you the same girl who started topics like "Where's all the sexy people?!" And "Do you look good naked?" And I could have sworn you had some pretty revealing photos before you took them down. Why the sudden hypocrisy?

03 Jan
Don't get me wrong, rape sucks. It's a horrible crime. But you have to understand that it is statistically proven that women are more likely to be raped by someone they know, not strangers.
04 Jan
I only make those topics to make people feel confident about themselves. I took those photos down because guys were treating me as a object.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 11:53pm
via Android

Trust me women dont go out wearing mini dresses just to look good for their girls, they want male attention. Now I dont know what your post was aimed towards bc the women who WANT (not Dont Want) that attention do things and keep doing those things to get it on this app or whereever. Most pics of people up here who are showing too much or overdoing it are more than likely catfishing or using this app as a dating site so i wouldnt bother pointing those people out, this is a workout app and is for keeping each other motivated to reach our fitness goals. Stay positive, stay motivated! : )

03 Jan
Well said Ashlee!
04 Jan
Well said:)
04 Jan
The best compliment I got was at the store tired as hell with my newborn baby girl and 9 month old son in my dirty pajama pants, flip flops, hair in a sloppy bun, and my "nerd" tee. I was followed by an employee that finally gathered the courage to tell me I was "real pretty" lol Made my day 'cause I was definitely NOT feelin' glam then!
04 Jan
Meant to say my son was 18 months at the time lol
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 12:59am
via Android

You can take your accusations elswhere.

You can adress problems about rape and inapropriate behaviour, thats all good. But when you accuse all men, specially the ones using this app, so me. As some weird sex predator from who all women should be afraid off. I dont take that bullshit, cuz thats what this is. And i ask you to take it elswhere.

04 Jan
I didn't say all men are, I said most of them are indecent. To me decent men are mostly hard to find.
04 Jan
Im not even going to discus it.
04 Jan
Oh yeah. I forgot ashley has met most of the men in the world. Valid point.
05 Jan
You're not funny
28 Jan
Yall are asses. I agree with her 100% and to make yall feel better, not only women get raped but men do to. But I'm sure yall haven't experienced it so you have no idea what affect your comments have on people. Sorry if I sound rude I'm just giving my opinion.
Image_thumb
42 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 1:00am
via Android

I agree with your point, but you put pictures up of you in your underwear and bra so I don't think you should talk about what others put up.

04 Jan
For your information I took those photos down because of this reason.
04 Jan
I'm sorry you were treated that way.
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 1:31am
via Android

For all the people that say I used to be like that kind of woman, okay I get it I know that I was like that!!! Guys were treating me like an object. Guys leaving inappropriate comments and that's why I took those pictures down!!!

04 Jan
Thats good that you took your pics down but what everyone is saying is why bother posting this when originally you had pics up like that. And the women who still have theirs up obviously wants that attention or is catfishing, so your post serves no relevancy, not to be mean but its true.
04 Jan
I just want to encourage women that are doing that to realize what society has come to.
28 Jan
Because maybe she is young and her original thoughts of posting pics were this or tht...and thn sh learned what posting pics like tht is about and now has an experience...one like sh made a mistake and has learned frm it????
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 1:42am
via Android

Most of the women are not even safe at home.Fathers or brothers could prove to be a big threat.

04 Jan
I feel so sorry for you.
04 Jan
Jeezz. I dont want to take away from any problem but what are this for kind of statements. So all daughters should be scared of their father now cuz they are potential rapists?!
04 Jan
I am not telling them to be scared of their fathers. I only want them to protest when something goes wrong.Thats it, nothing more.
04 Jan
I think that's what happening in India.
04 Jan
Maybe. Many men have forgotten whats true love.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 3:14am
via Android

I really, honestly do sympathize with those who have been sexually abused. Its a terrible, awful thing that has become all too common these days...

That being said...

I object to SO MUCH of what you said.

You accused all men of indecency... excuse me?!
Last time i checked, you have never met every living male. I appologize if youve had the unfortunate experience of being harrassed or known a share of less than decent men, but... really? Thats... horrendous. I have no words for how sexist and rude that was.

Next, what grown women show of themselves is their choice. They are grown women who can make their own decisions. They understand the possible consequences. You would have to live under a rock to NOT be aware of them. If they want to show themselves for whatever reason, thats their right, and you should respect that.
Same goes for men.

And though i dont believe abuse victims are the ones to blame.... get real ladies! (And gentlemen!) People arent always nice! Self defense is one of the most valuable skills you can ever learn. And standing up for yourself- learning when to tell someone to shove off- you have to be able to do that!

All im saying is your rant/public service announvement/speech/warning... it was extremely acusatory!
I am a lady. I have my morals. But what other people do is none of my f***ing buisness. And there are plenty of decent men that you should appologize to. What you said was rude and uncalled for.

04 Jan
04 Jan
What?! I didn't say all men are indecent. I said most of them are.
05 Jan
Id say half are decent, half arent, no different from women.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 4:15am
via Android

Decent men still exist. But it's quite hard to find them out.

04 Jan
That what I said
05 Jan
Trust me, if you think decent men are hard to find then their gonna be, if you think their not thats when youll meet them. Simple as that. Focus on being healthy and fit, stay positive and right person will come along when the time is right.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 4, 2014 2:58pm
via Android

You say all men think about is sex. First off, that is sexist and very untrue, regardless of what your tween magazines say. Secondly, it really just sounds like you either just got dumped, or are not happy with your results, so you have to take it out on others. Third, yes, guys do think alot about sex. It is programmed in all of us to do so. You do realize that sexual stimulation is an unlearned reinforcer, meaning EVERYONE strives for it,  not just men. Just like needing food, water and shelter, You don't learn to like sex, it is programmed in everyone of us one you reach the right age. Because of our society, though, women cannot be as open with their sexuality, lest they look like a "slut". Why does every issue of Cosmo have a topic on how to have a 45 minute orgasm, or the top 20 ways to please your man?  Bottom line, it is not all we think of, totally sexist remark.

I bid you good day, ma'am

04 Jan
First of all, I started this because I read article about this. Second of all, on the news I saw a woman got rape around the city I live in. Third of all, I have never seen a woman rape a man on the news.
04 Jan
Ashley, go home. I don't even know where to start with you
04 Jan
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 11:23am
via Android

Ok.... Just to something important...
Well then, really sorry if anything that I or any other guy has said makes you feel that way but I'd have to say most guys (including me) only comment or like as a way to congratulate that person. So... Yeah, sorry.

27 Jan
It's okay
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 12:16pm
via Android

I think it just seems like most men are indecent cuz the decent ones are off minding their own business, NOT commenting on every woman's pics.  You know, kind of a "squeaky wheel" kind of thing.

It totally sucks that the guys who are inappropriate are the ones who mostly define the environment, though. It only takes a couple of creeps to make any place feel unsafe, and it doesn't matter if there are a thousand nice guys if they are all just "respectfully" keeping quiet.

Its difficult to tell what a woman wants sometimes, I see men who leave inappropriate comments but then the woman says "thanks!" So I often don't feel like its my place to say something first...which is kind of a shame sometimes because a lot of people are not the confrontational type, especially women in such a situation..and maybe many of then would appreciate if more men stood up to other men and said, "hey dude, that's not how you should talk to women"  I mean, we could say that even IF the woman says "thanks" cuz it would still be true.

I've read a lot of stuff about issues like this in the past few years, and talked to a lot of friends...it really interests me to explore the boundaries between the experiences of men and women, and the crazy ideas we get about each others experiences, too. Like how many half-decent men just can't seem to believe it when women tell them just how bad it can be, cuz they never do it and never see it.  I tend to believe my friends and I've realized the world is a much different place for men and women.

Thanks for speaking up about this.

28 Jan
Their are decent men ... patrick is proof ... and he is right women dnt say what they mean...they throw a fit pout and stuff and whn a guy asks what's wrong... they say..u should knw... they say stand up for me thn if a man does they get upset cuz thts not th way they wanted it they say they want a decent man but seek out bad ones...they get mad whn men address thm rudly and disappointed if they dnt...they say does ths make me look fat? Its either lie or get it and if she thnks he...
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 12:27pm
via Android

I am a victim and everyday of my life I am scared. But I have a man who will be there for me through it all. But deep down inside we live through it alone. We are the ones who experienced it. I don't think it is something you can ever move on from. But I won't let it ruin the rest of my life.  I live life as if it never happened. But I will never forget it.

28 Jan
Sorry u went tht
28 Jan
Through tht..sorry
Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
63 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 12:27pm
via Android

I was just wondering, where are these inappropriate pictures?

28 Jan
There's always ONE.
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 28, 2014 12:36pm
via Android

I agree with you Ashley, don't listen to the negative things people say. Yeah I'm sure every girl likes to show off their body but most aren't looking for that kind don't of attention. Most are happy that they succeeded their goal. It's not our fault some men are the way they are. We just have to be strong.

28 Jan
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 28, 2014 1:06pm
via Android

Google:
Hollaback
and
Everydaysexism

Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 28, 2014 1:36pm
via Android

no creeper here, i respect everyone i come in contact with on this app. i mean yeah you'll run into a bit of thirsty people(male & females) but everyone i came across pretty cool an we have a neutral respect. but putting up (bar & panties pics etc if course thats going to draw at the creeps, if i comment on someone pic its a thumbs up or way to go nothing more or less. its decent people on here u just can't call out ever dude on this app an say we all the same because that's a false statement.

28 Jan
She didn't say all men. You guys keep accusing here for saying that but that is not what she is meaning. She said most men. Not meaning you or anyone specifically.
28 Jan
re read what she put, stop being so offense jeez, she said must dudes on here is indecent an i was just stating im not a creep thats all i wasnt outer content i just voice my opinion
28 Jan
Well most dudes are but, even on here, but it doesn't mean you are. But u gotta understand that guys don't really know how many other guys on here are really indescent or descent because a guy isn't gonna comment to another guy inappropriate stuff. I'm not being rude about this whatsoever... Lol.... Just trying to be understanding.
28 Jan
right i feel u, i was just saying im not one of the thirsty dudes on this app, as i said i respect all who come in contact with me an give good advice.
28 Jan
Trust me.... I knew that
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 29, 2014 12:21am
via Android

Women are being  objectified, raped,and sexually  assalted by women  also. I just wanted  to make  sure that you all knew that being  a predator  is not just a man thing. Also you said men make  inappropriate  comments  when women  post inappropriate  pics.What else did you think would  happen. You are young. Maybe you should  seek counsel from  your elders. Live life and prosper.

29 Jan
Lol there's always a guy who needs to say that women rape too. And including the attitude like its the woman's fault for posting her pictures, dude you're a walking talking negative stereotype of a man.
29 Jan
I am not saying it is the persons fault, what I am saying is that we should be more aware of what may happen we we do whatever we do. For every every action there is a reaction. We should all do what makes us happy. No one should be told that they can't do what makes them happy. But other people get in the way of that happiness sometimes with their own twisted since of what is right.
29 Jan
You just gotta be really careful with those kinda of reactions because it adds nothing new to the discussion besides reinforcing the ideas that "women get what they deserve for doing (x)"
29 Jan
I dont need counseling, I know what I'm talking about.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51