The gift of a second chance

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 12:35pm
via iOS
Greetings Skimblers,
I was wondering how many of you out tere are organ donors. I myself intend to become one, but haven't registered.
I believe that becoming an organ donor is one of the noblest things a human being can do for another.
Giving someone a second chance at life, giving them hope and a future..
Ringing any bells for those who have watched the movie 7 pounds with Will Smith in it? (It's a beautiful movie, I highly recommend it)
But seriously, I'm no advocate. I'm just a teenage girl who is studying organ trafficking for an assessment.
But can I encourage you to consider it?
Let your family know that's what you want.
Thankyou.
24 Feb
Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
64 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 1:08pm
via Android

Although the thought turns my stomach I did check all the boxes for organ donation. Let's just hope I do not wander the afterlife a hollow shell:o

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 1:20pm
via iOS
That's encouraging to hear Daniel :) 
The good thing is that when we die we won't need them any more. 
And for me I think.. Well I can either let myself rot, or I can let myself be burned.. Either way it's a waste of what could be a second chance at life for someone else, so yeah. I'm pro donation though I agree, it is a difficult concept to come to terms with. 
24 Feb
I am a organ donor and yes I have watched that movie and cried like a baby!!
24 Feb
Yeah ...recently I saw tat movies* abt 3 frenz falling in love wit her best frenz ,forgt d the name???... : ( amazing movie
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 1:45pm
via Android

I'm an organ donor  and I agree with what you said, if I'm dead why do I need them?

24 Feb
Great! Very true isn't it :)
Image_thumb
57 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 2:21pm
via Android

You post is very encouraging and it gives immense pleasure to see humanity still driving strong even during such tough times...

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 5:36pm
via Android

Good word, and so inspiring - seeing words like this gives me hope that there are more good people like you in the world. Keep it up!

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Feb 24, 2014 9:34pm
via Android

Yep I am an organ donar. My husband is aswell

Image_thumb
110 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 5:20am
via Android

Not an organ donor but am on the bone marrow transplant list :)

12 Apr
As a donor that is.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51