OCR Enthusiasts

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:00am
via Android

Anyone here run ocr? I've run Spartan, Tough Mudder, Rugged Maniac, and Gladiator races so far this year. Anyone else run them or think about running them?

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:12am
via Android

Hi,  I'm signed up for tough mudder next year. That's why I need to get in shape

07 Sep
That's awesome :-) I started running ocr in January. Now I have completed 2 tough mudders, 1 rugged maniac, 1 gladiator, 1 5k glow run, and 5 spartan races so far and I still have 4 more Spartan races this year.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:20am
via Android

Damn, you've been busy. The one I'm doing next year is in may so plenty of time to get ready. Think I need something before then thou.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:24am
via Android

Yeah I like to keep busy, plus all the races have helped me banish the evil excess weight I've been carrying lol. Still have more to go, but 65lbs since last year is pretty good so far. Next year I'm gonna try for 3 more tough mudders. You should try a spartan race. They are timed and really push you to give it your all.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:26am
via Android

Cool thanks, I'll have a look and see what Spartan races are on inbetween now and then

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 6:30am
via Android

What part of the world do you hail from? I'm in California.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 7:04am
via Android

I'm from the UK

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 7:05am
via Android

Nice that's where I did my first tough mudder the uk, it was the west London in April!

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 7:33am
via Android

Cool,  is there much difference between a uk and us mudder?

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 8:10am
via Android

Well the one I did in the us was in Tahoe last month and it was hot and dry, minimal mud, uk seemed to change temps every 5 to 10 minutes, lots of mud, but less inclines compared to the one I did here in Tahoe. Obstacles were the same, beer was different (uk ginger grouse us dos equis), uk had camping and awesome after party on site and us did not. Overall they were pretty much the same, but slightly different. Hope that helps.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 1:22pm
via Android

Im training for Tough mudder next year in the UK probably in Yorkshire as its the  closest to me!

Almost did this years but I dont think I'm ready so the year ahead will give me plenty of time to be ready!

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 2:32pm
via Android

Running the tough mudder in dallas on October 4th. Super pumped!

07 Sep
I have never even thought of doing a tough mudder but you guys are giving me the itch! Keep it up
07 Sep
Thats awesome Jason! Were you also thinking of trying the Spartan Race that will be in Dallas 11/01/14 for the beast and 11/02/14 for the sprint?
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 7:05pm

I have friends in the UK that go to almost every event. Once you do one, you will most likely get addicted to it. Well, hopefully you will! haha

I have my next race next weekend in Temecula, Spartan Beast 13+miles with 25+obstacles!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51