Happening again?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 26, 2015 12:57pm
via iOS
My recent post on here about guys saying inappropriate stuff to me, it's happening again.
Seriously, I don't want to be asked for my age and where I live etc.. I mean, it has nothing to do with exercising and health! Unless you're someone I know is trustworthy and is able to stay committed on here, then I will probably tell you!

Anyone want to sort them out please?
26 Oct
Report any inappropriate behavior to abuse@skimble.com, Rosie. It will be taken care of promptly.
31 Oct
Hey Mario. I think you might have a bit of pull for an idea. It's very simple and easy enough too do. If skimble added a feature that only allowed people to pm you if you had them added as a friend and it might stop a lot of abuse that goes on. And Rosie, if you just delete the message and make sure you don't reply that might put them off for now.
31 Oct
Hi, Thomas! The person at Skimble that could implement this worthy idea is Courtney Miyamoto. You can send her a message about that at courtney@skimble.com . In my opinion, it's a great idea. Anything that will help keep the community at large here safe is... and Rosie dear, I think there is also a way to block a user you don't want communicating with you. I think you can do it through the full website on your computer.
05 Nov
I block everybody who harasses me on here, and that makes sure that they won't be talking to me anytime soon. Thank you Mario and Thomas :)
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Oct 26, 2015 9:08pm
via Android

I agree.I never answer or reply to topics like these.Everyone is asking but not your business peeps.But with you Rosie i would share almost everything sweety :) Cause you are always here for me.That means you care for me.As i do for you and for everyone ☺

26 Oct
oh thank you Chris :^) that means a lot, and you know I'm here for you as well
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 26, 2015 9:49pm
via Android

I had this crazy idea and read forum guidelines and it says there, that you're not allowed to post your age or any other personally identifiable information about yourself, so they aren't really allowed to ask about people's age anyway.

26 Oct
Exactly my point! some people are so clueless sometimes...
Oct 31, 2015 4:38am
via Android

I blocked my mailbox for a while for these reasons,  then friends on here were complaining about it, so I re-opened it- sure enough , took only few hrs to get moron  messages.  Block/report them and lock your message box  is all I can suggest as it s never ending. ...

05 Nov
thank you for the advice, it helped :)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 31, 2015 11:27am
via Android

A sad truth of modern social media is that if developers don't take it for granted that they need extensive user tools to customize experiences & block unwanted interactions, then their product/community is going to be a hostile environment to women.

Twitter is a horrible environment for abuse, but as far as I can tell it's still got better options than skimble does. The only reason it's not worse here has nothing to do with the design of the app & seems to be only because this is a relatively small community. There is a report abuse email available for skimble but that is really very incomplete. The basic choice of 'go private' or 'endure unwanted msgs from creeps' with no middle ground is ridiculous, and detracts from genuine user experience, primarily for women.

Hopefully someday we can expect better from men on the internet but until then, every social app should have multiple methods of dealing with the inevitable behavior women face everywhere online, and like so many others, skimble seems to have dropped the ball on this.

05 Nov
Well said, thank you for your input. I agree with you highly.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51