Who rests properly?

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 7:19pm
via Android

I am guilty of this myself i cannot deny it. Who among us doesn't rest properly?
Who never rests? Who feels the need to do something every day?
We all know how important rest is to the body when working out. Then why don't we do it?

Since starting on here in October 2011 i can say the only time i have done absolutely nothing was one day last month when i was away. Even on self designated rest days i do yoga or such. . . Mental

12 Apr
Well keep up your yoga because that's your rest right there. Every time you do yoga you release a bunch of toxins from your body plus your recovering your muscles from the soreness or stress you might of put on them from the prior exercise. So I think that your already getting you rest there and never quit yoga its very helpfull and benefiting for your fitness and health.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 9:06pm
via Android

Haha alan. Me too. I walk and do two workouts everyday I "rest" on my carb day for my diet but usually end up working twice as hard the two days after...

Icon_missing_thumb
57 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 9:23pm
via iOS
I know our body needs it but I just can't..currently my rest day is every wednesday where I should do 1 10 min workout..other 6 days are 3 10min workouts a day...but I am always wanting more.....
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 11:01pm
via Android

Lol i take my rest days. Usually way to sore to do anything

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 11:14pm
via Android

I think i rest too much haha.  I workout every morning (sometimes on weekends) but like in between workouts, like when it says to rest, i pause it nd rest like 5 mins (instead of 30 sec, or 1min, like it says)

13 Apr
Keeping your heart rate up and not resting as much in between exercises will help you burn more calories!
13 Apr
Yea, i kinda figured. Thank u =]
Image_thumb
157 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 12:21am
via Android

It helps that I have church and fellowship all day on Sunday. Even then I usually do some pushups or pull ups. Friday I have fellowship with a small group of friends and there is always good foods, so that became my cheat day for diet.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 10:23am
via Android

I had to learn the hard way just how important rest is! If you don't treat your body or get enough sleep, it will catch up to you & knock you down! Even GOD rested on the 7th day, so that shows we need to rest as well! Sundays are my rest days. I don't do any work-outs then. Take care & GOD bless!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 3:53pm
via iOS
Resting is extremely important.
Getting addicted to too much exercise , is not healthy
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Apr 13, 2013 5:01pm
via Android

I think i need  a good long rest from the more intense stuff.  Yoga month from today!

Image_thumb
456 Posts
Apr 14, 2013 8:40pm
via Android

I feel the same! i dont know how to rest..whats worse, im not much of a sleeper
Mybe cuz im a routine person..if a give myself a rest day(like 2day) i feel lost with some empty hours...so i do anything..clean, redecorat the house(move stuff)go out shopping(lots of walking)dance more..etc
im a working bee

14 Apr
oh..after cleaning 2day, i did the(drop & give me 20) workout here!!cant help it^_<
Icon_missing_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 4:53am
via Android

I know I don't rest properly I have two jobs and go to school. I know it would be good if I used my spare time to rest but I have a family its just not that easy. Look at me now chitt chattin smh. I'm sleeepy

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 6:08am
via iOS
Im resting one day each week - hate it but need it 
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:48pm
via iOS
I rest once a week and sleep 8 hours straight daily.
Muscles need rest to grow!
It's their time to heal and repair thus creating new healthy tissue.
Exercise shouldn't be an addiction

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51