What Favorite Cause(s) & Charity(s) are you passionate about?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 19, 2013 6:09pm
via iOS
Thought I'd start a cool thread on Charity(s) or Cause(s) your into or participating in.

I spent Saturday morning at a Walk-A-Thon for ALS (pic in profile). A Family member passed from this disease many years ago and it's still a Cause I support.

What Causes are you passionate about?!?!?
19 May
Heyyyy I'm doing a walk for ALS as well. one of my patients has ALS. I'm sorry for your loss. Great job on walking ! I like anything that has to do with a walk or race for a good cause.
19 May
We used to have 'Music for Life' in Belgium. Radio DJ's would be locked up in a glass room and play music for a whole week without leaving the room. Bands from all around the world would come and play in or on top of the glass house and people would give donations to the cause that the radio station was fighting for, Malaria for example. Anyway, I really loved said cause because it brought people closer together through music. The sad part is that they stopped doing it :(
19 May
That's awesome!
20 May
For all the runners or bikers there is a really cool free app called miles for charity. You get to choose from a list of charities from things like ASPCA, wounded warriors project, habitat for humanity, Michael j. Fox Parkinson foundation...and a few others. Every mile you run $.25 will get donated by corporate sponsors. The only thing is it doesn't work with a treadmill so you have to do your walking/running or biking outside. If you are already gonna put the time in might as well get donations for great causes...could even be a great way to motivate someone...
20 May
Sorry it's called charity miles not miles for charity for anyone looking to research or download it.
Image_thumb
168 Posts
May 19, 2013 6:35pm
via iOS
People around me. There's always someone in need of shoulder or other help, I'd rather put my time and effort on them :)
19 May
Awesome. Your a very giving person Mari. :-)
Image_thumb
152 Posts
May 20, 2013 12:34am
via iOS
Toms!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 20, 2013 1:38am
via Android

I've done a walk for arthritis, and a 5K run for cancer. I also do yearly animal shelter walks, :)

May 20, 2013 3:32am
via iOS
I walk with my mom 5k for Breast Cancer every year and I joined another. My mom is a 6 yr surviver.
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 20, 2013 5:39am
via Android

May just happens to be Stroke Awareness month....i had a stroke two years ago...i was 35....never saw that coming.....i have been recovering and probably will for the rest of my life, but i want others to know that age doesn't matter....it is a brain attack and can happen quickly....learn the signs of stroke....that is what helped me with a quick response of those around
....  :)

20 May
I'm recovering from a seizure I had Sunday afternoon never had one b4..it was very scary..got a cat scan chest X-rays EEG idk the docs still don't know what caused it other than working out to long, & no sleep other factor too, but I'm thinking it might have been a stroke..I'm relatively young too early to mid thirties..
02 Jun
Thats bad news Rod. Praying for complete recovery for you mate. All the best.
Image_thumb
202 Posts
May 20, 2013 12:32pm
via Android

Yeah, I support one or two, primarily International blind mission, CBMI, MSF, Salvation Army, Red Cross, Leukemia association,  Sponsor a compassion child in Uganda, and our local Perth city Christian radio station 98.5 fm. They're the main ones. I give blood too, and have got my oldest two kids doing it too. Why, coz my dad needed a full blood transfusion every month for his last couple years before he died . Very interesting threaad this. Be blessed folks.

Image_thumb
203 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 4:51pm
via iOS
Helping others. Donated last night. In case anyone else is interested. 

http://www.efoodsdirect.com/tornadorelief.aspx

Image_thumb
194 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 5:58am
via Android

Make a wish foundation, helping end child hunger, and I usually donate alot of things to churches, homeless shelters, and to families in need that live in the same city as me. :) i love donating and helping out with charities or people in need its an awesome and rewarding feeling! :)

05 Jun
This year i will also be donating part of my kidney to a random person in need during Christmas time to help get the out of the hospital and help them be able to finally be at home with their family for the holidays where they belong! :)
06 Jun
Well done Brooke. That's really great of you.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 12:02am
via iOS
I try to participate/ donate to the MS society whenever possible just because it is a disease of unknown origin, and there isn't a cure. My mom was diagnosed with chronic progressive multiple sclerosis about 15 yrs ago.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 12:19am
via iOS
I do a lot of animal rescue work, I foster animals from the humane society til they are ready to go to a rescue. Last yr my family fostered 30 animals, this yr so far we are at 22..

I'm a huge advocate of spay/nuetering your pets. 

I love animals and want to do what I can to protect them and help,them when I can.
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 1:33am
via Android

Abuse...human trafficking...poor and homeless...education...
I do alot of volunteer work, counseling, collecting needs, and speaking at workshops...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51