Border Patrol Entrance PT Test

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 17, 2013 3:54pm
via Android

So I passed the entrance test for BP but now I need to build upper body strength to do 25 push ups in one minute for the pt test I NEED HELP !!!!!!! What workouts should I do?????????

17 Jun
The best thing I believe for push ups is push ups, how long do you have to train for your test?
17 Jun
Try this website I used this and it helps! It might look like a lot but really builds your strength! Www.hundredpushups.com
17 Jun
Aaron- Thank you and I don't know the process is more like hurry up and wait ! :/
17 Jun
Yeah its obvious that push up is one of the options.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 17, 2013 5:28pm
via Android

Focus on total upperbody strenght. So pushups pullups dipps. Bicep curlls and core training.

Can you go to a gym? And how much time you got?

17 Jun
Yes I go to the gym 4 time out of the week but I'm mostly a runner, I go to yoga and pilates.
17 Jun
I want to say I might just have about a month.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 17, 2013 7:17pm
via Android

Well pilates and yoga are nice and all. But they wont really help you to develop strenght.

I would suggest a full body strenght workout for 2 days out of the week. And depending on how much cardio training you need do 1 or 2 cardio sessions.

Dont know how hard the pt will be for you hehe

17 Jun
• Push-ups 25 in a minute • Sit-ups 30 in a minute • 5 Minute Cardiovascular Endurance Step Test • 1.5 mile run in 16 min. I'm very confident that I can pass those test except the push ups :/ I really appreciate your guidance Thank you :)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 17, 2013 10:41pm
via Android

Since you only have a month it will be hard to really get alot stronger. But its not impossible!

Since you dont have alot of gym experience i think its best to do 'easy' compound exersises. I believe a full body routine works the best for your purpose. This is because you can put all your main muscle groups under tension everytime you work out. This will result in larger strength all over.

I believe your condition is fairly good already as you believe the run and cardio test wont be a problem. That is good news.

The biggest concern for me is, that when i would to make a schedule for you alot of things would be new for you. And you might not feel conformtable with all the movements and thus making your training alot less effective.

An overal schedule i myself would work with would be the following.

Monday - power training
Thuesday - restday
Wednesday - explosive cardio ( if possible next to this tabata push ups)
Thursday - powertraining ( light on the legs )
Friday - restday
Saterday - long distance cardio
Sunday - restday

For powertraining with the 'easy' compounds i would have kind of the following in mind.

Monday:
Squats - purely on power.
Pull ups
A barbell or dumbel row
Benchpress
Dipps
Core training ( planks, legg raises...)

Thursday
Benchpress
Dumbell flyes
Pull ups
Squats - low weigth high reps
Bicep curls
Core training

I believe this is a fairly easy weigth training concept. Which for the short amount of time you got will target most of the strenght gains you need.

On the explosive cardio there are several options. You said you had a 5 mins stairwalking cardio test? If i were you i would create a hiit training for that. Makes the actual thing only something you alrdy know.

And ofc if you have to get to 25 push ups. You have to train them push ups. A good way is a tabata push up workout. Really makes you go deep and you get used to doing the repetitions!

Long distance cardio would in your situation best be a run.

This is just a quick blueprint of what i believe could benefit you. If you have quistions dont be afraid to ask them.

And all others can give some extra input to get to a better result!

17 Jun
Turned out quite long in the end hehe
17 Jun
Love this thank so much for taking the time to help me out. I will get started Asap. I will keep you posted on results !
18 Jun
No problem. And goodluck!
19 Jun
Good call bro, I'd go withat too, sounds a really good programme to help her get going.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 11:52pm
via Android

Bumbed into this one. How are the push ups going?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51