Probs gaining weight...HELP

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 22, 2014 3:10pm
via Android

Average 100 lbs at 5'7...I want to gain weight but is extremely hard. Comes from a family history of high metabolism. Any advice for a skinny mini that wants to gain?

22 Feb
Just eat a lot of high carbonhydrates food and bread lol
22 Feb
Eating doesn't always help :/
23 Feb
Gaininig weight is about building your lean muscles.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 3:27pm
via Android

I have got the same problem. I want to gain some weight, but it seems like it is impossible. Everytime I had gained let's say 2 kilos, I've lost them really fast. I was talking to a friend and he said something like my body knows what it needs and even when I try hard to gain weight it is much harder for it to keep the weight because it isn't natural for it. I feel like he could be right. What do you think?

Anyway, I am tall and thin. Some more kilos would made me look and feel better :)

23 Feb
I've been told the same and my ex is a body builder who did say that the only weight my body will allow is lean muscle. Which kills me cause I can't go work out in a gym hours a week being a working mom with school aged kids.
23 Feb
We will get some fat when we will be older...over 40 or so :D but yeah it sucks :/ at least you can try at home. And as long as you and your husband like you the way you are, it doesnt matter so much :) just sucks bloody much :/
Image_thumb
209 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 11:18pm
via iOS
Eating potatoes helps to gain weight
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 12:18am
via Android

Well the best way for to gain weight wiuld be to build muscle mass. Start taking protein shakes (whey protein) would be better for you so that you dont look bulky but toned and sexy. Im sure thats what most girls want. Start using free weights eating more carbs and your ptotein shakes. But dont forget to at least do 5 min of moderate to intense cardio so you stay in great shape. Later and good luck!

23 Feb
I drink a Whey protein in whole milk shake ATLEAST once a day
23 Feb
Well then start your basic muscle building exercises at home. Theres no need to go to the gym. Push ups lunges planks leg raisers and a set of resistance bands from walmart $15.. is all you need to build muscle. Grab your kids and lift them up. Being a parent is no easy task but its all possible.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 5:23am
via Android

Otherwise than to eat. My best advise is to talk to a nutritionist. Good luck!

23 Feb
I eat and by eat I mean like I'm feeding a bottomless pit.
Feb 23, 2014 7:31am
via iOS
Eating a lot of carbs and 3/4 Gainer shakers a day can help..
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 10:11am
via Android

Same boat here, when I was 15 I weight 55kgs and I looked healthy. But after having babies it's like my metabolism has kicked into high gear and no matter what I eat or drink (protein shakes) my meight never goes above 51kgs. At one point I weighed 47kgs. I want to get back to 55-57. But it is EXTREMLY hard to do.

23 Feb
The very same thing happened to me. After pregnancy, I've had the hardest time gaining
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 10:38am
via Android

You should go to a nutritionist. A friend of mine tried to gain weight fot years especially after pregnancy ( yep she was that skinny). The only way was through the doctor. She had had some kind of food allergy that made her body eliminate everything ad soon as she ate it.

23 Feb
I can help u guys! I'm a medical doctor n a personal wellness coach. Not gaining weight is a problem of absorption at your intestine, meaning that poor absorption due to unhealthy villi.
23 Feb
For more details on weight gain program email me at bustarieddie@gmail.com

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51