Fake Profiles

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 5:36pm
via Android

I'm just curious...

Why do people on here follow or encourage others using fake profiles?

I mean...they're usually transparent in the way they interact.

Have fake glossy pics plucked out of google. Check.

Do minimum if any workouts. Check.

They spend their times trying to increase their followers by asking "want to be my workout buddy" without ANY other contribution. Check.

If people see the fake images put on these fake profiles (some quite nasty and perverted which are seen by kids), they cannot truly believe these persons are here for genuine reasons.

Please report and stop following them. For some sad reason they enjoy this 'game'.

Pfffffff

29 Mar
For God's sake amen! The same goes for "real" profiles who do nothing but creep on pics with unsolicited advances and comments. We're here to work and encourage each other. This is not Tender.
29 Mar
With you there too DJ! It really murks up a great positive mindset and community. I keep going "pffffff"...lol It translates different in my head. :P
29 Mar
I haven't really noticed this happening . But wow I'll keep eye and report
29 Mar
Now close your shiting moose Hadi! Lol I'm laughing so hard about that right now!
29 Mar
Thank you Jennifer. :) I keep seeing these profiles and posts. Luckily they're a minority here. ^^
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 6:00pm
via iOS
Why would you even care? Does it effect your workouts or who you are? I think not. 
29 Mar
Does not affect my workouts at all! Definitely not who I am. ^^ Good think about this app? Forum is used by all. :) Genuine or otherwise. Just like you have your opinion I'm allowed to voice mine.
29 Mar
*thing
29 Mar
People with fake profiles is an non issue. Maybe they use them as inspiration to where they want to be. Or maybe they just lack confidence to use their own pictures. More loving less hating :)
29 Mar
I'm not talking about the ones where they have pics of people they aspire too. I'm talking about the people using this app like Tinder. The peopke that put semi nudes for no genuine reasons. The ones that keep saying follow me...follow me. If you haven't encountered this or you just don't care, good for you Thomas.
29 Mar
I agree with Thomas. Focus on you and stop worrying about the so called fakes.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 7:47pm
via Android

There are a lot of fake profiles. I'm following a guy on Twitter called Dan *He has like 1millon of followers* He has pics with his amazing abs, I saw those photos here in a new account. A girl IrinaL with fake photos and comments on her pics of stupic men. I think that Gina is fake. The people with post like Can I have more followers ARE FAKE!!! I just think fxxx keep calm and do workouts! FOR EVERYBODY: if you don't like who you are, how you look Don't upload photos. BE YOURSELF. I wanted do a post like this...

29 Mar
My stupid mobile is playing up!lol I remember Irina...pffffff
30 Mar
And I've a comment by Irina in one of my photos lol.
30 Mar
What a souvenir Rudy....lol
Image_thumb
76 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 8:07pm
via Android

YEAH!! i agree!!! I think i know of someone on here who is. Hes very forward about how he thinks of me amd its a little weird.... Im gonna do some investigation on him

29 Mar
If you feel uncomfortable or he gets worse. Report than block Monica. Don't let that person monopolize your time. That's what they want. You know anyway. Saw through Gina's one straight away. ^^
Image_thumb
76 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 8:16pm
via Android

Ok but how?? Like is there somewhere to go to on the app?

29 Mar
I believe you can only block from the actual site on your pc. Not from mobile. I only use my mobile app so not sure of the location. In regards to reporting...I believe again it's through the pc.
29 Mar
Browser on mobile too, just not the app.
29 Mar
Oh yeah! Silly me Miha!lol Thank youuu! ^^ So used to the app. :P
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 8:18pm
via Android

Hadi, dear lady, I think that you are spot on with this post. Yes everyone has a right to do what they blah blah blah babble babble b*tch b*tch rebel rebel party party...but be this a community or not, the guy snapping sneak pics of girls in the gym, the chicks with their skinny jeans teheheing at the squat rack trying to pick up some poor sap, the unsolicited advice guy who never does a f**king rep, and the d**k hole who stands in front of the mirror blocking the dumbbell flexing and taking selfies;  DO NOT BELONG IN THE GYM...so there for the chode who comments "damn nice ass Babe ;)" the "i need more followers for motivation"  (when they really mean "i post my t*ts regularly,  please validate me") don't f**cling belong here. I'd love to turn my head and look the other way...but boom. There's another. It becomes very trying and difficult to reach out to those who do need help and are genuine when the entire god*amned forum is flooded with this bullsh*t.
Then for anyone to attack someone who has the gall to speak up about it is equally bu**sh*t.
Thank you for this post Hadi, and I don't give 6 sh*ts about anyone who wishes to unfollow me due to my opinion of the matter . if you look at the tree in which I grow my ****s you will that it is baron.

29 Mar
You are the best DJ! I knew you guys understood my meaning. I seriously feel blessed to be able to have people like you to inspire and motivate me. It makes this an actual community and not just another workout app. :) I'd come over and hug you right now for being so spot on!!!
29 Mar
Amen to that!
Image_thumb
76 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 10:21pm
via Android

Ok thanks girl!!:D

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 10:39pm
via Android

That escalated quickly...

29 Mar
Sometimes it does. We can't all think the same and when we don't it shows. Better out than in. :) Nite nite from me...^^
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 11:09pm
via iOS
I guess I'm nice....  What benefit is it to have followers?
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 12:45am
via iOS
I think I'll weigh in on this as well...... 

I don't give a crap of people use fake photos etc but here's where it goes wrong....

A few weeks ago now a kid created a fake profile claiming to be a PT. 'She' also messaged me privately asking for workout advice...
Soon after topics started appearing offering fitness advice using the stuff I'd told 'her'.

I didn't particularly care but did call 'her' out on it (then the topic got deleted).
Again I didn't mind UNTIL a woman commented on her topic offering advice. This woman admitted she'd fallen into depression and was struggling with her weight and handling life in general. The 'advice' given by the fake profile?? Well 'she' deleted the topic and started the same one again!!!!! 

So my opinion on 'fake' profiles? If you wanna f*** around and hit on people FINE. But do not f*** with other people's emotions. 
30 Mar
30 Mar
Game. Set. Match.
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 6:08am
via Android

I dont understand the whole fake profile thing... Why would you bother. Im just here to learn a bit lose some weight and tone up...

Anyway if someone wants to go to the whole time and effort of making up a fake profile well all I can say is they have more time on their hands than me

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 6:32am
via Android

I agree with Scotty on this one. People should be free to ask for more followers for motivational purposes. They're simply asking, they're not FORCING anyone to follow them. Same goes for the pics. No-one says you have to look at his sexy abs or her tight butt. I do, because I don't mind having a look at a fine ass. In fact, I usually compliment them for it. It's a sign of appreciation and I believe it can be motivating for said person to continue working out and being healthy. If, however, you're going to ask a fitness coach for advice and then pretend to be a fitness coach with the things you just learned, you have a risk of putting people in danger. Each person, each case is different. Go see a doctor when you're depressed or have a serious weight problem before you ask some random person on a forum.

As for the fake people.. Well, it's a shame some people think so lowly of themselves that they pretend to be someone else. This place is a great way of finding people who have the same problems and possibly the same goals as you. So if you're honest, you will feel better, make friends and workout buddies who will motivate you through your journey. A simple google reverse image check will help you distinguish the real people from the fake ones.

#rantisover

Image_thumb
76 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:25pm
via Android

Totally agree with you guys

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:10pm

As long as there is a community, you will have fake people. I don't care about them - they just cheat themselves. I'm sure, if everybody would do this, they would disappear very soon.

30 Mar
Hey Heiko! Thank you for your input. It's actually interesting and helpful to hear people's viewpoint on this. :)
30 Mar
You're welcome Hadi:) It doesn't really fit to this thread, but I'm wondering more about those who follow you but never like any of your workouts, no post or answer to you. I'm a social guy, using this app for my workouts and to encourage and motivate other. Also I'm motivated and inspired by many members here. So why follow, when you don't want any kind of communication?
31 Mar
Could be just that they are not good at the socializing bit. Maybe they like the workouts we choose. Could be for motivation. So many reasons. :) I follow people because I either feel I can learn from someone/ be inspired. Motivation,support and also when I feel someone has a similar mind set. :D
31 Mar
Be honest though I get already so much support here from you guys I'm not really missing anything. ^^
31 Mar
You could be right Hadi - maybe they just like the workouts we do (without liking them) or the workouts we create. Or just need some motivation, seeing other are doing something.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 26, 2015 1:53am
via Android

27 Dec
Forgot about this post. Too many fake profiles but I've stopped paying as much attention as it takes away from all all the positive ones. I'm so glad I met the people I did when I first started here. It really made such a difference on not only sticking to this healthier way of life but ACTUALLY changing my way of thinking. Would never have happened if my first contact would have been with the unfortunately diluted profiles of people being here for all the wrong reasons. You Rudy, are amazing. Constantly pushing yourself and involving your family too. Always...
07 Jan
Thank u so much Hadi :) I agree with u fortunately there are more positive profiles than negative and fake. Your awesome, an inspiration for many people. Happy a beautiful day. A big hug

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51